`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Opinions Needed

Opinions Needed
I am planning on selling my Eddie George collection and I have a question. Would love some opinions on the matter. On Press Plates does it help to actually now the specific set(or subset) the plate is of? Or is something like Collector's edge Printing Plate Eddie George good enough? I have 19 (actually 21 but I know what those other 2 are) of them so I was wondering before I look them all up.

RE: Opinions Needed
I'm always of the opinion to be as accurate as possible. It certainly won't hurt your potential sale.

Be as accurate as you can...sometimes there's a guy sitting out there with a search dying to find a specific card, and if you hit the keyword, boom! Sale made lol. But I wouldn't sweat it either. People will still find them.

thanks guys, I have started the process of looking them up

Just a heads up as you mentioned Collector's Edge printing plates, there are some fakes out there. While I know a bunch came out when CE went bankrupt, there were also some fakes made. Someone scanned a bunch of base cards and managed to print off plates and sold them on eBay many year ago. The easiest way to tell that the plates are fake is that they include the section that would normally be printed in foil. Just figured I would point that out, as you might want to double check your plates to make sure they aren't from the batch of fakes before trying to sell them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-26-2017, 09:39 PM)djohn Wrote: Just a heads up as you mentioned Collector's Edge printing plates, there are some fakes out there. While I know a bunch came out when CE went bankrupt, there were also some fakes made. Someone scanned a bunch of base cards and managed to print off plates and sold them on eBay many year ago. The easiest way to tell that the plates are fake is that they include the section that would normally be printed in foil. Just figured I would point that out, as you might want to double check your plates to make sure they aren't from the batch of fakes before trying to sell them.
Thanks for the info I think I may have 2 fakes the rest seem legit