`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monster Hit in a Group Break

Monster Hit in a Group Break
As I re-entered the hobby 6 months ago, I swore I'd never do a break. And even further, I said I'd never do one that was not one of those draft breaks where at least you end up with something other than a whiff.

But the old saying is "never say never". Yesterday I was sitting around and extremely bored. So I decided to enter my first break. Random teams gave me Fins/Grizzlies. The guy who had the Broncs/Nets was looking to trade, I offered Fins/Griz but he traded to someone else. I asked the new person who had the Broncs/Nets now if he wanted Fins/Griz and he too said no.

I told my son who was watching with me "well it's Marino or bust". He joked back that I was going to get one of those 8 trillion Laronte Caroo autos that seem to be everywhere.

23 of the 24 cards in and I was wondering why I had not invested in toilet paper, and it was confirming why buying my own box vs. being in a break was the way to go.

Then this happened. Last card of the break.

Go to 18:30 to find my hit. Breaker even eludes to the fact that I had tried to trade out of this spot and "dodged a bullet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjpSEiutCks

To those who will ask, if I trade or sell, it will have to include something extremely sweet of someone I really care about, or be on par or above range it has sold on ebay.

What do I care about (anything would have to be visually appealing as well as valuable):

Football: I can't think of another football card I would trade for this. I love Elway, but have a good amount of high end of him. I'm not sure there is another football I would move it for at this time. Maybe the perfect 1/1 of Von Miller, most of the 1/1 Millers Id still want more.

Basketball: Kawhi, Timmy D. Something else very unique/rare of Spurs greats on a combined card (ie, Robinson, Duncan, Kawhi, Manu, Parker). Maybe the right Barkley card.

Soccer: Christiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale

Hockey: Gretz
Currently looking for 2010 John Elway Emblems of the Hall. Center must be filled with either info or auto. There are blank ones out there that are ugly....

RE: Monster Hit in a Group Break
very nice hit .... pm me a sale price Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Now that is a sweet card.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

MONSTER HIT. CONGRATS!
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Wow that is awesome. Congrats.

That's a beautiful card!
I collect all current Dolphins, Bob Griese/Brian Griese,Marino, Howie/Kyle/Chris Long, AP, some Vikings, some Raiders. My wife collects Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kilosportscards/albums
http://loreskovic.wix.com/kilo-sport-cards (lists in Excel)

very nice..congrats!!
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

MASSIVE
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK