`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to collect

Starting to collect
Hey just wondering whats a good series of hockey cards to start to collect I am looking for hobby boxes but don't know what year would be a good one to start with. Which boxes give most bang for the buck

RE: Starting to collect
(05-15-2017, 04:17 AM)traill705 Wrote: Hey just wondering whats a good series of hockey cards to start to collect I am looking for hobby boxes but don't know what year would be a good one to start with. Which boxes give most bang for the buck
2016-17 upper deck series 1 and 2. series one has matthews YG

Depends on what you want to spend, I prefer Upper Deck series one and two.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

upper deck is usually a good bet

Yes upper deck but just wondering what years and series had the best bang for your buck

Depends on the draft, but generally the past ten years.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

If it's strictly bang for your buck, what does the forum think about the early years of Upper Deck? 1990-91 through 92-93? These boxes are very easy to find and are incredibly affordable. Much of their series from 2000-2010 are very hard to find and if you don't hit the big Young Gun, you're not getting much out of the box at the prices they are now.

You won't pull anything that's worth a lot in those early 90s boxes, but there are some tremendous rookie card classes (Modano, Sundin, Lidstrom, Hasek, Selanne, Kariya, Pronger, Jagr, Bure, Fedorov, Belfour, Forsberg, Tkachuk) with players that are already Hall of Famers. I think it's a great way to start without spending a whole lot.