`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Turn around time for orders

RE: Turn around time for orders
BAS/BGS received my cards on 7 February 2017 and I received them back on 8 June 2017. It took 7 days for the cards to get from the US to Australia. So it wasn't postage issues that caused the major delay.

My advice is to ask for something in writing from BAS/BGS before you send your order in where they confirm or give you a deadline when they will post back your cards. They literally had my cards for 4 months and it was very difficult for me to get any information about what was happening. I expected 45 days but not 72 days.

Their of FAQ section is misleading in terms of how long it will take to get the cards authenticated and then graded.

Its not rocket science. All customers want to know is how long its going to take. If authentication takes 20 days, and grading another say 20 days then just tell us. My preference would be for BAS/BGS to state that if you want the autos authenticated it will take 20 business days and then if you want them graded you can select the specific time period you want, i.e. you want them grade in 10 days or 20 days then the normal BGS pricing kicks in. So one fee for BAS to authenticate and then the BGS fee for the grading and that depends upon the turnaround time you select.

I don't think its clear the way they have presented the information.

Andrea from BAS helped me find out what was happening so I'm grateful to her.

As I said above, I won't be sending any other cards into BAS or BGS until they have got back on track with their orders and even then I will be asking for confirmation of expected length of time it will take to get the cards graded and what the penalty will be if they are late. I don't mind a few days over the deadline but when it goes for weeks then I get upset.

If I get any more emails from BGS advising of specials for grading I will also be wary. I note the times are non-guaranteed where there are specials offered. There is no way I am paying $11 to grade a card if its going to be 60 days when before I was getting charged $11 for 10 day turn around from the special offers. I also can't understand why it costs more to grade a card worth $2k than a card worth $20. They are doing the same thing to both cards so it shouldn't cost more, if you want the cards back faster then charge a premium.

I sent my first order into BGS back in 2012 and the last BAS/BGS is the only one that wasn't on time. The cost of grading a card over 45 days has now effectively doubled from 2012 to 2017. At a time when inflation in the US is almost non-existent.

I think I kind of lucked out,my 5 card order just popped today. They got to BSA june 1st,process started june 5th and got shipped june 22nd. This was great news,was expecting another 20-30 business days before seeing these.

Maybe the difference is that yours weren't graded, only authenticated.

Most of mine were getting graded and given it looked like they were having issues getting the cards graded that could be the problem.

Kudo's to BAS!

I submitted 50 cards to be authenticated on the January 2019 $10 special. They were received on January 30 and they were shipped back on February 1, they are scheduled for delivery on February 5, 2019.

I couldn't be happier with the service. I know the process goes quickly if you are only doing BAS authentication.

What is the process for Authentication & card/autograph grading? That is where the real bottleneck seems to be. How many people are in the grading authentication process? My last 15 card BGS service and autograph grading took about 10 months.

Regards

(02-04-2019, 09:49 AM)catman1953 Wrote: Kudo's to BAS!

I submitted 50 cards to be authenticated on the January 2019 $10 special. They were received on January 30 and they were shipped back on February 1, they are scheduled for delivery on February 5, 2019.

I couldn't be happier with the service. I know the process goes quickly if you are only doing BAS authentication.

What is the process for Authentication & card/autograph grading? That is where the real bottleneck seems to be. How many people are in the grading authentication process? My last 15 card BGS service and autograph grading took about 10 months.

Regards
Lucky you!

I sent 9 items (letters, index cards, photos) in for authentication, received on March 1st, 20 day turnaround, and nothing yet. These are some of my most expensive pieces and I know it's only a week late, but I'm getting anxious.

These were worth the wait for me, the only 3 cards I've ever submitted to BGS!

[Image: Kevin_zpspnmney5b.jpg]

[Image: PweegTrout_zpsba94ba54.jpg]

As far as turnaround time for orders I can say it was a wonderful surprise to get mine back in about 10 business days instead of the 20 days.  Sent in 7 cards.  Also got them graded.  Very pleased with Beckett.

tangledweb Wrote:As far as turnaround time for orders I can say it was a wonderful surprise to get mine back in about 10 business days instead of the 20 days.  Sent in 7 cards.  Also got them graded.  Very pleased with Beckett.
Congrats. That's quick. I just received notification that my 11 cards shipped today. I sent them in on May 1st. On a down note ALL of them were considered NON-AUTHENTIC. I don't know what to even say about this. So disappointed and upset. I wasted a lot of money on this service. I thought maybe 2-3 would not be authentic but, ALL OF THEM? Take care, Ed

I have used their autograph authentication service over the years and for a small order I sent in (authentication no grading) going on 2 months and still nothing (has never been that long before). was told it was waiting on final verification weeks ago and they stopped returning my emails)

How in the world is this an ok way to run a business

Can I get an update on how long the turn around is on card submission? 
Also, What is the grading costs for a card that may be valued at $1000.00?
Thank you. Sad