IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Turn around time for orders

Turn around time for orders
Hi,

Can a moderator or BAS/BGS employee please confirm the following:

1. How long will it take to get an auto on a card authenticated?
2. Once the said auto on the card has been authenticated, how long does it take BGS to grade the card and auto if that is what you have requested?
3. If BAS/BGS is outside of the time any of the above are to be completed does BAS/BGS provide its customers with compensation?
4. Does BAS/BGS think it is good business practice to charge a customers credit card for authentication and grading services months before they have even authenticated and graded the customers cards?
5. Is it not misleading for BAS to state "Q. What is the turnaround time on BAS orders? A. Turnaround times are non-guaranteed, but we strive for a 10-business day turnaround in most circumstances."
6. Wouldn't it be more sensible where BAS orders are getting graded by BGS for there to be the same turn around options to have the cards graded, i.e. 10 or 20 days once the 10 day authentication has been completed?

P.S. I am a concerned customer that submitted an order to BAS/BGS that was received by BGS on the 7th of February 2017. Yes that's right, they have had my cards for three months and they charged my credit card over $1.5k when they received the cards!!!

I await someone's response to the above and hope that customers thinking of submitting cards to BAS/BGS see this post so they know what to expect!!!

RE: Turn around time for orders
Hi Ferraripower2005:
The typical turnaround time on Beckett Authentication Service orders is 10-20 business days but is non-guaranteed, therefore there will be no compensation if we are over our estimated turnaround time. We really do try to get everything processed as quickly as we can, but as a new start-up there are definitely a few hiccups that we are working out and I apologize for the delay on your order. If you'd like to send us an email at authentication@beckett.com with your name and invoice number we can look into your order further to see what may be causing the delay and hopefully get it out to you soon.

Our practice is to charge for the items once they are received in our office as the authentication fees are applicable regardless of the results and we must have payment before the order can ship out. That is our policy and it is stated in our terms and conditions on our submission form.

Again, feel free to send an email to authentication@beckett.com and we can look into your issues further.

Thank you,
Admin

Hi Admin,

I think it is misleading to state an expected turn around of 10 days on your website because BAS/BGS has now has my cards for 70 business days with no notification that there is going to be a delay. BGS's policy of charging me before the cards are being posted back is understandable but when I get charged 3 months before the cards have even been graded is very unfair.

What does BGS think a representative turn around time is before it should suffer a penalty for false and misleading advertising?

Like I said, I just hope collectors thinking of submitting an order see these posts and think very long and hard before submitting an order and rely on the misleading information on the BAS/BGS website as I know the order I submitted over 3 months ago will be the last one I make.

Hi Ferraripower2005,
I strongly urge you to contact our customer service department at authentication@beckett.com

We can look up your order and find out what the delay is and hopefully get it shipped out to you soon.

Hi,

I have sent an email as suggested.

I await the response.

Thanks

Hi,

I thought I would share some news with everyone. After 72 business days my cards have been graded and are on their way back to me.

I have to thank Andrea from authentication@beckett.com for speeding up the process as I have no idea how long I still would have been waiting.

I hope the grading area gets back on track as I know in future unless I have something in writing I can rely upon if a deadline is missed or worse still no deadline is provided, then I wont be submitting any more cards.

thanks

(05-23-2017, 12:02 PM)ferraripower2005 Wrote: Hi,

I thought I would share some news with everyone. After 72 business days my cards have been graded and are on their way back to me.

I have to thank Andrea from authentication@beckett.com for speeding up the process as I have no idea how long I still would have been waiting.

I hope the grading area gets back on track as I know in future unless I have something in writing I can rely upon if a deadline is missed or worse still no deadline is provided, then I wont be submitting any more cards.

thanks
Hi,if you don't mind me asking,how many autos/cards did you send BSA/BGS to authenticate then grade that ended up taking them 72 days to complete? Was it a fairly large order or smaller one with higher fees? i just submitted my 1st order of 5 Autos to BSA this past week to just authenticate/encapsulate and with no mentioning of how long a turnaround time anywhere it kind of has me wondering when I'll see my cards again. Even more so after reading about your experience and wait time. My 5 autos were fairly common players with 2 of them already authenticated in a Fanatics Authentics slabs that i wanted to switch over to a BGS-BSA holders so it should hopefully be a fairly quick turnaround I'm hoping. I'm glad to hear you got your order back and I hope you got the results you were expecting as far as authenticating & grading.

Hi,

It was 72 cards around 60 were graded and authenticated while the rest we just authenticated. I got the cards in the mail today. BGS received them on the 7th of February. So it took 5 months.

It also looks like none of the cards are showing in the pop reports.

(06-08-2017, 08:21 AM)ferraripower2005 Wrote: Hi,

It was 72 cards around 60 were graded and authenticated while the rest we just authenticated. I got the cards in the mail today. BGS received them on the 7th of February. So it took 5 months.
wow I wish I had gone thru the forum comments before sending my stuff in. I came across one of your comments in the bgs forum mentioning you were in Australia,did the 5 months include traveling to & from or was that 5 months in their possession?