`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with Memoriblia Item (autographed stick)

Need help with Memoriblia Item (autographed stick)
Hello I'm looking for some help with an item I received a few years back and still don't know what to do with. A few years ago an older woman who was in the process of moving gave my father a hockey stick her late husband had gotten from a game back in the 80s in Winnipeg. They were there and somehow ended up meeting the team and getting a game used stick signed. My dad knew I collected so he gave it to me and after I looked at it I realized what it is, from what I can tell it's the 85 or 86 oilers game used stick autographed by pretty much the entire team. On the blade are very legible (Gretzky, messier, Coffey, Kurri, Tikaen, Napier, Moog) and a few others I'm not sure who they are. All the way up the shaft there are signatures as well but the stick is very black from what I can only assume is glove marks.

Anyway I want to get the stick authenticated or appraised or something for insurance purposes as I heard it's likely worth a few $, and am just wondering what the best course of action would be. I'm located in Ontario Canada and kno there is KSA but I'm wondering if they are reputable enough or should I ship to PSA and hope it doesn't get damaged etc. Any help or anything would be greatly appreaciated. I used to be a big card collector and thought this may be the right community to ask

Cheers

RE: Need help with Memoriblia Item (autographed stick)
I've tried to add pictures but it won't let me from my phone

RE: Need help with Memoriblia Item (autographed stick)
KSA is not a reputable company to authenticate your stick. I would take it to the Toronto Card show in the fall and get one of the better companies to do it for you. You have to use Photoshop or any other host site to be able to post on Beckett. If you can post we may be able to help you identify and do a quick look see to help you.