`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
2011 Trouts Take Another Jump

RE: 2011 Trouts Take Another Jump
It will be interesting to see if those recently increased values on his 2011 cards drop back down now that he'll be out of commission.

Trout's a great ballplayer but I have to think that this injury is going to affect him even after he comes back. It's one thing for the body to heal but another for the psyche to heal. He may be wary of re-hurting it and that will affect his game. I only say that because I saw Nomar Garciaparra go through that with his wrist. It healed but he was never the same player and what looked to be a great start to a Hall of Fame career was derailed. I hope Trout can put it all behind him and pick up where he left off but you really never know. "Hope" is not a plan.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Griffey also had a shortened season due to injury when he turned 25, then followed it up by having 4 consecutive monster seasons. Trout will be fine.

(05-31-2017, 07:16 AM)zeprock Wrote: It will be interesting to see if those recently increased values on his 2011 cards drop back down now that he'll be out of commission.

Trout's a great ballplayer but I have to think that this injury is going to affect him even after he comes back. It's one thing for the body to heal but another for the psyche to heal. He may be wary of re-hurting it and that will affect his game. I only say that because I saw Nomar Garciaparra go through that with his wrist. It healed but he was never the same player and what looked to be a great start to a Hall of Fame career was derailed. I hope Trout can put it all behind him and pick up where he left off but you really never know. "Hope" is not a plan.

(05-31-2017, 08:09 AM)azicet Wrote: Griffey also had a shortened season due to injury when he turned 25, then followed it up by having 4 consecutive monster seasons. Trout will be fine.
I'm with you, not overly worried. Griffey was injured a lot during his career and still ended up as an all timer.

I don't think his BVs will drop due to this. His stuff is still selling for ridiculous amounts on eBay even after the injury.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU

(05-31-2017, 08:09 AM)azicet Wrote: Griffey also had a shortened season due to injury when he turned 25, then followed it up by having 4 consecutive monster seasons. Trout will be fine.
Agreed. Trout has a great disposition and will persevere ... Giancarlo Stanton had that horrible facial fx and he's not bailing anytime someone throws high and tight. Certain people 'have the right stuff'
Looking back, Mantle had his fair share of injured shortened seasons. Overcoming adversity is what turns an average person into a heroic figure. Sure, certain injuries at the latter end of a career can be more daunting, but Trout is young and has no reason to rush back. The Angels aren't going postseason this year. Smile sorry Angels fans.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-31-2017, 01:31 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: ... The Angels aren't going postseason this year. Smile sorry Angels fans.
Tell me about it, ugh! At least its cheap to go watch a game! I just hope he sticks around...

Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(05-31-2017, 02:58 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Tell me about it, ugh! At least its cheap to go watch a game! I just hope he sticks around...
He won't unless they get more talent around him. Kid is too good not to get a chance at a ring.
My Sports Card Album
-Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector
-Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers GU/AU - college uni
-Current Redskins/Braves GU/AU