`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back/Birthday

Back/Birthday
After a short break I'm coming back to the hobby. The Wife bought me three packs wall hanger from Wal-Mart. I mange to pull this:

[Image: Andrew_resized_zpsklajpumj.jpg]

[Image: Andrew20back_resized_zpshnelyqm9.jpg]

Its not Judge but not bad from retail.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

RE: Back/Birthday
Very nice!
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Wow, nice birthday present! Why does everybody else have so much better luck at Wal-Mart and Target??!

Good stuff! Welcome back!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

That's a heck of a nice way to be welcomed back into the hobby! the Card Gods shine upon you! Smile
Happy B-day, and welcome back.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-30-2017, 12:41 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Wow, nice birthday present! Why does everybody else have so much better luck at Wal-Mart and Target??!
I have always had infinitely more luck with retail than hobby for some reason.

Out of retail stuff I have pulled a 2011 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper auto refractor (the reason I joined the boards), as well as a Kris Bryant auto/10 out of an Elite blaster a couple of years ago.

I have also pulled autos of Kobe Bryant and Anthony Davis out of various Panini products.

Hobby, not so much.

(05-01-2017, 02:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I have always had infinitely more luck with retail than hobby for some reason.

Out of retail stuff I have pulled a 2011 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper auto refractor (the reason I joined the boards), as well as a Kris Bryant auto/10 out of an Elite blaster a couple of years ago.

I have also pulled autos of Kobe Bryant and Anthony Davis out of various Panini products.

Hobby, not so much.
That's awesome that the lower end boxes can produce for you and others! For me, nothing...ever...has come out of W or T boxes worthwhile. Over 40 retail boxes of 7 different products...1 autograph of a scrub in 2013. So, I only buy the retail boxes or rack packs that have guaranteed special parallels, like the Purple Refractors from Bowman Platinum a few years ago.

Really nice! Welcome back!

(05-01-2017, 03:32 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: That's awesome that the lower end boxes can produce for you and others! For me, nothing...ever...has come out of W or T boxes worthwhile. Over 40 retail boxes of 7 different products...1 autograph of a scrub in 2013. So, I only buy the retail boxes or rack packs that have guaranteed special parallels, like the Purple Refractors from Bowman Platinum a few years ago.
Yeah, I tend to gravitate toward the guaranteed stuff these days.

Although, for some reason, Gypsy Queen seems to be the most auto friendly retail product for Topps every year (case in point, the card the OP pulled above).

I have a feeling that if I ever pull a Trout auto out of retail, it's going to be out of GQ.

Awesome hit. Even better coming from retail