`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick ebay question

quick ebay question
Where do you go to set up a restocking fee for returned items ?

Trying to deter some buyers remorse returns from folks who buy high on day of release then try to return the item when they find it cheaper.

RE: quick ebay question
(04-29-2017, 10:39 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Where do you go to set up a restocking fee for returned items ?

Trying to deter some buyers remorse returns from folks who buy high on day of release then try to return the item when they find it cheaper.
Hi,
It's under the "return options" near the bottom of page when listing an item.

Return options
Returns Accepted
After receiving the item, your buyer should contact you within:

Refund will be given as:

Return shipping will be paid by:

Additional return policy details:

applies only if incorrect item is shipped
Do you charge a restocking fee?

Good luck with this, I had a very lengthy conversation with Ebay about "buyers remorse" purchases and the rep on the phone (yes, spoke with someone directly) said that a buyer can basically return an item and give zero reason, she used the actual term "buyers remorse" as a valid reason. I almost went through the ceiling. I asked her if it would ehlp my cause to remove the "returns accepted" from my listing and she said it may deter a buyer from trying to return an item, but if push comes to shove they will force the return on the seller. I was shocked, but than again, not so much. It's the Bay!

www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

It's the number one reason I basically quit selling on eBay.

Someone can buy something from you, then try to flip for a profit, and if they don't, they can return it to you for up to 30 days.

So, basically, anything you sell you can't even touch the profits for a month.

I used to flip stuff all the time for paypal for the stuff I wanted ... like at the top of the Linsanity craze in basketball, I sold five of his base rookies for enough cash for a nice Kevin Durant auto, all within the same week.

But not anymore, I guess.