Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Come to Grips With the Fact I Will Never Pull My Own Trout Auto

I Have Come to Grips With the Fact I Will Never Pull My Own Trout Auto
Friends,

For years I have dreamed of pulling my own Mike Trout auto, and I have finally realized it is just not going to happen.

So I busted a blaster of the new Gypsy Queen and pulled an auto of Matt Strahm of the Royals.

Out of curiosity I looked up the Gypsy 2017 auto checklist on Cardboard Connection, and to my dismay, the Trout auto (GQA-MT) is literally the next auto on the checklist after the Strahm I pulled (GQA-MST).

Meaning, I couldn't come closer if I tried.

I have never even pulled a Trout relic, much less an auto, in all the hundreds of blasters I have busted over the years.

It's time to realize that that ship has sailed, my friends.

I will live vicariously through all of your great Trout pulls.

RE: I Have Come to Grips With the Fact I Will Never Pull My Own Trout Auto
same here. I bit the bullet a couple of years ago and bought the Trout auto I wanted on the same card with the Rickey Henderson I wanted serial numbered 24/25.

I still don't have a Trout Relic either.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

I'll just say this, if you're buying blasters and hoping to pull a Trout auto out of those you're putting yourself behind the 8 ball to start with.

Chances of pulling his autos from blasters are astronomically low, you'd be much better off saving that money and buying hobby boxes.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

The closest I came to a Trout auto out of a blaster was a Trout Superfractor out of a blaster of 2014 Bowman Platinum. though not bad I would say.

I have been trying to pull a Jeter auto with no luck, When autos came out I tried for Ripken, Pujols, Griffey, N. Ryan, and Hank Aaron, Mark Grace
It took years but I finally got all of them except the Jeter
Pujols 8/9
Ripken/25-- pulled after he retired for 10 years
Griffey traded for
Aaron #99
and 2 N. Ryan one # 99 well after his retirement
I have not given up yet on Jeter
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

The only Triple Threads box I bought had a Trout relic, was stoked as I am an Angels fan but never have been a fan of "relics." That said, It's up for trade if you guys want a shot at it.
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(04-10-2017, 08:52 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I have been trying to pull a Jeter auto with no luck, When autos came out I tried for Ripken, Pujols, Griffey, N. Ryan, and Hank Aaron, Mark Grace
It took years but I finally got all of them except the Jeter
Pujols 8/9
Ripken/25-- pulled after he retired for 10 years
Griffey traded for
Aaron #99
and 2 N. Ryan one # 99 well after his retirement
I have not given up yet on Jeter
I pulled a Jeter auto buyback 2/2 from last years Donruss. I sold it on the bay.

I don't mean to make you sad but the first blaster of 2010 Bowman Platinum I bought had a blue refractor Trout auto numbered to 99. Needless to say it is by far the best pull I have ever gotted out of a blaster.

(04-11-2017, 12:53 PM)cspen Wrote: I don't mean to make you sad but the first blaster of 2010 Bowman Platinum I bought had a blue refractor Trout auto numbered to 99. Needless to say it is by far the best pull I have ever gotted out of a blaster.
No, my friend, I am not sad.

I am happy for you!

I just would love to grab a current Trout auto out of a blaster - the thrill of the chase of the 2X MVP!

I actually traded for a 2010 BP auto (thanks Rich!), but that was before Trout had refined his signature.

Well you might not have pulled a trout out of retail but i remember a really nice KB that you did! I never pull anything good in retail except one time when i opened a heritage box in 2006 and pulled 3 auto's in one pack! Two old timers one was a red ink! The most notable was Jay Bruce in Reds uni. I am interested in your Matt Strahm auto though...