Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort Order in OPG for Player Collectors

Sort Order in OPG for Player Collectors
Hi Guys,

I am going to apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I searched the forum and didn't come across anything. If I missed it please point me toward the old thread.

I have been using OPG and organize for a couple of years. For the most part I am a player collector. I enjoy OPG and the organize section of beckett.com I particularly like how it allows me to trade with other collectors.

Early on I felt that OPG sorted oddly (differently than I hoped). Particularly as it relates to parallels. I collect Goldschmidt and I organize the cards in three row boxes. Each card is in a top loader or a magnetic case. I then put them in order by year. Within the year they are in alphabetical by card manufacture. Within the manufacture I put the base cards, the parallels for the base cards and then the inserts are last.

OPG breaks it down to the manufacture but I feel once you are within the manufacture it's all over the place. For example, when I look at the way OPG lists 2016 Topps Tribute it has the base card number 7 first. Perfect! Then it has some different size cards for the number 7 card and some parallels. I am still good with this. Then it goes into the Relics and card number TRPG and some parallels of that card, and then it goes back to card number 7 and the Superfractors version. I strongly feel that this card should be listed before card number TRPG. (Please see screen shot with arrow.) I understand that they are shorting alphabetically but to a collector I don't see how this makes sense.

Essentially, within the manufacture I wish they would filter by card number first so that card would be grouped together. I wish Beckett would take that long description and beak it up into a couple more columns and allowed us to filter on more than one column at a time.

I have changed the order of my cards in my three row box to be the same as OPG has them listed. It makes it a lot easier when trading. I just hate when I look through them and its a parallel card and there is another card between the parallel and the base.

I have tried to export it to Excel and then manipulate the data. With a lot of work I can get there. It just takes a long time. Has anyone come up with a better work around?

[Image: sort%20order_zpssdpcimxi.png~original]
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

RE: Sort Order in OPG for Player Collectors
It defaults to sorting alphabetically. I wish there were other ways but I'm pretty sure that's beyond the capabilities of the programmers working here. You can always copy it into Excel and organize to your heart's content.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

RE: Sort Order in OPG for Player Collectors
Yeah, I think the real problem is the description contains year, manufacture, insert name, and card number. If this was broke out into multiple columns it would be a lot easier to sort in Beckett and in Excel.

Also, how do they decide if they call it Finest or Topps Finest? I feel like some product lines they put the parent name in and sometimes they don't. They call it Topps Allen and Ginter and Finest is just Finest and not Topps Finest.

I am just curious how they decide.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different