`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Update Mike Trout question

RE: 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout question
I sold three of them online for a grand total of $27 a few years back.

However, I did pick up a Bowman Sterling RC in a trade at the time when it booked for way less than now, so I guess it all worked out, LOL.

Trout is great not only because of his skills but because of the joy he plays with and how he interacts with fans.

He's the anti-Bryce Harper, basically.

You can tell that he legit has fun and enjoys the game. I'm an O's fan, but I root for great players all around the league...

(03-16-2017, 01:14 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I sold three of them online for a grand total of $27 a few years back.

However, I did pick up a Bowman Sterling RC in a trade at the time when it booked for way less than now, so I guess it all worked out, LOL.

Trout is great not only because of his skills but because of the joy he plays with and how he interacts with fans.

He's the anti-Bryce Harper, basically.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I like Trout because he plays with class and that's a good role model for youngsters. I wouldn't expect him to pose and watch his home run leave the yard or go into second base spikes high, spit on an ump, stare down or get in the face of another player. Pujols has been a good mentor to him. Kris Bryant strikes me as being of the same caliber. A really good player with a really good attitude. Jeter-esque.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

That's a great comparison...Jeter...
I absolutely cannot stand the Yankees...
But how can you not like Jeter and how he played the game?

(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)zeprock Wrote: I like Trout because he plays with class and that's a good role model for youngsters. I wouldn't expect him to pose and watch his home run leave the yard or go into second base spikes high, spit on an ump, stare down or get in the face of another player. Pujols has been a good mentor to him. Kris Bryant strikes me as being of the same caliber. A really good player with a really good attitude. Jeter-esque.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(03-16-2017, 02:33 PM)redskins316 Wrote: That's a great comparison...Jeter...
I absolutely cannot stand the Yankees...
But how can you not like Jeter and how he played the game?
+1. Not a Yankee fan, but I have nothing but respect for Jeter. He did everything right.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I remember in 2013 when I laughed at the person who bout my Cognac Trout for $125 thinking I just found the sucker of all suckers Sad

(03-17-2017, 04:45 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I remember in 2013 when I laughed at the person who bout my Cognac Trout for $125 thinking I just found the sucker of all suckers Sad
Those parallels are crazy ... the diamond collection, the WalMart blue, the Target red, etc.

The sad thing is I bought a fair amount of 2011 Update and never pulled anything other than the base RC.

I would LOVE to find some discount blasters (or even regular price blasters, LOL) somewhere and take another shot at them.

(03-17-2017, 05:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Those parallels are crazy ... the diamond collection, the WalMart blue, the Target red, etc.

The said thing is I bought a fair amount of 2011 Update and never pulled anything other than the base RC.

I would LOVE to find some discount blasters (or even regular price blasters, LOL) somewhere and take another shot at them.
"Discount" lol.......
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)zeprock Wrote: I like Trout because he plays with class and that's a good role model for youngsters. I wouldn't expect him to pose and watch his home run leave the yard or go into second base spikes high, spit on an ump, stare down or get in the face of another player. Pujols has been a good mentor to him. Kris Bryant strikes me as being of the same caliber. A really good player with a really good attitude. Jeter-esque.
Great analysis!!
Agreed.
Trout plays with the intensity of Mantle and the class of DiMaggio.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-17-2017, 05:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Those parallels are crazy ... the diamond collection, the WalMart blue, the Target red, etc.
The said thing is I bought a fair amount of 2011 Update and never pulled anything other than the base RC.
Luckily, I was able to pull some of the parallels from blasters. Cognac, blue and red. I don't have the gold or diamond. But I guess that the base are at a price where I really should send in a few for grading. I might have a '10' in there
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.