`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication Thing Game Used and # cards for RC and Inserts for sets

Communication Thing Game Used and # cards for RC and Inserts for sets
First off I would like to say the people who I have been trading with the last 8 years here are some of the coolest people in the hobby. I just want to clear up something about my own personal trading style and hope to get your input as well as how you feel on the subject.

I will never send an initial offer scouring your organize looking for high end game used cards to bamboozle you into some ridiculous trade for base of the same value. Luckily I haven't run into that myself in many years.

I am not a set builder although I was in previous years 2008-09 Champs and 2009-10 OPC and Panini stickers at present I collect primarily only New York Rangers.

So if someone initiates a trade WITH ME for say 90 dollars in B/V in RC's and Inserts. I immediately look for my Ranger wants. If I dont see any of my Ranger wants, I then look for Ranger cards not on my want list and try to find other Ranger cards that a trader might have that catches my eye to trade for.

If I dont see anything I have to go into trade bait mode like most of us do. I will always try to get close to equal value or less of what the trader wants from me. Sometimes people get miffed when I ask for game used and serial numbered cards for their needs from me.

I can only go on what the B/V tells me. Without a photo or any special information from the trader why a card should be considered a higher value, I have no clue. I am just playing by the value rules. This is why communication is the key.

I also feel if that if you want 23 cards from me and initiate the trade and I ask for GU Or #, this should not be perceived as me trying to cheese you. When I was making sets in 2009-10 I can tell you I traded John Tavares RC's just to get 80 bucks in O-Pee-Chee wants. I needed those cards and I initiated the trade.

I love making trades, like most of us do. It's one of the purest things you can do as a collector where both sides feel like they won something at minimal cost. But communication is the key.

Wanting these primarily Igor Shesterkin, Alexis Lafrenière  Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, K'Andre Miller, Ryan Lindgren, Zac Jones, Braden Schneider. Just starting PC For Jack Hughes & Illya Sorokin.

RE: Communication Thing Game Used and # cards for RC and Inserts for sets
I completely understand and agree with your POV.

RE: Communication Thing Game Used and # cards for RC and Inserts for sets
I prefer trading mid to high BV GU'd and Autos for the same type of card in return. I do not mind trading low BV cards for inserts or base. We all know the inserts always bottom out as next product comes out.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia