`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17 Donruss and 16 Bowmans Best

17 Donruss and 16 Bowmans Best
On Sunday I picked up a box of 16 Bowmans Best at a show while waiting for JSA to authenticate some things for me. I beat the odds with five autos, the last one took the cake!

Elias Diaz
Alex Kirilloff
Anthony Alford
Cal Quantrill
AND......redemption Bowmans Choice Clayton Kershaw auto

Yesterday I stopped by the LCS to grab a box of 17 Donruss and against my better judgement grabbed another box of Bowmans Best. (my judgement isn't always good) Four autos but jackpot again:

Justin Dunn
Jameson Taillon
Braxton Garrett
and......another Bowmans Choice AUTO...Kris Bryant #'d 50

17 Donruss is an interesting product, wide variety of inserts, numbered, proofs, etc. I got two autos and two gu in my box, results area:

Freddie Freeman Aqueous Proof #'d 49
Jose Ramirez auto #'d 25
Brandon Nimmo New Breed auto
Jose Altuve Press Proof 5/5 with Gigante on top with name so I'm guessing a variation card
Carlos Correa gu bat
Robin Yount gu bat

I also got a base Anthony Rizzo with "Riz" on top for the name, guessing this is a variation too as I pulled the base card also with his name spelled on it.

I can't post pics right now, but the Bryant is on the ThreeStarsSportscards FB page

and probably 6-8 inserts numbered from 99-500, this was a fun rip

RE: 17 Donruss and 16 Bowmans Best
Nice Pulls!! Love to see scans! The auto's you got in Bowman are pretty good too! What did you have JSA authenticate if i may ask?

Nice stuff!!! Hey I would love a shot at the two donruss game used and the Freeman!

The '17 Donruss sounds like a good product. Nice luck for you! Thanks for sharing.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(03-08-2017, 06:15 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Nice Pulls!! Love to see scans! The auto's you got in Bowman are pretty good too! What did you have JSA authenticate if i may ask?
Actually the JSA thing was interesting. I took in two baseballs, one signed by Derek Jeter and the other by Tony Gwynn. I knew they were good as I had them personally signed at Kirby Puckett's pool tournament years ago. The Jeter was no problem, they valdiated it, however much to my surprise the Gwynn failed. I wasn't angry though, the person there gave me a very detailed "why" and showed me other sigs, he had some good points. Since I knew where I got it I don't feel ripped off, I do know Tony was signing for a long line and working fast so I'll just keep it in my personal collection. To be really honest, I think the fact that he would not authenticate it and explained why, made his work seem valid to me. I know even PSA and JSA can get fooled and aren't perfect, I just liked the way the guy handled this. The third item was tricky, an old b/w signed by professional wrestler Dick the Bruiser, a very rare auto. They kept this one for more research before declaring it authentic not many comparisons around, I'll either get a yes, no, or undetermined. If I get the undetermined I get a credit voucher for what I paid JSA. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one, it's very rare.
(03-08-2017, 06:16 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Nice stuff!!! Hey I would love a shot at the two donruss game used and the Freeman!
Check you pms.

Great stuff! I have a Jeter auto that I pulled from a box of upper deck timeline. My only one. Congrats again on the hits and Jsa pieces..

You did had one great bowman best box. Congratulations.