`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1957 Set - Complete!!!

1957 Set - Complete!!!
I did it! This week I received the final 60 cards I needed to complete this set. This is now my oldest complete set beating out my 1958 set by one year. I've had the Mantle, Aaron, Williams and many other big cards for a couple decades but was still missing some big ones. This set is beautiful and one of my all-time favorites. Here are some highlights from this week's acquisition.

My card collecting goals for 2017 was to complete this set and to acquire at least three more HOF autographs. When Bagwell and IRod were elected to the HOF, I moved my autos of those two over to my HOF Auto collection. Now I just need to add one more.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: 1957 Set - Complete!!!
congrats....beautiful set
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Wow, congrats on finishing that up! What a great feeling to finally finish a set.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

That's sensational good job!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Nice job, I always liked the look of the 57 set. Congratulations!
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

Congrats man!!! Its a very nice set!!! Which is next??
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(03-14-2017, 06:14 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Congrats man!!! Its a very nice set!!! Which is next??
I'm not sure. I'm whittling away on my remaining 60s sets. I'd like to complete my 1967 set. That is my "youngest" set yet unfinished. I need a couple dozen high number cards. I have some on the way including the Jim Palmer. I'll have to reassess after those arrive and see how many are left. They're tough to find.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Congratulations! Wow. Some of those can be pricey. I hope you got a deal nailing 14% of the set in one shot. Nice work.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Congrats! Nice job, working on my 57 team set right now just a few shy. Can't imagine doing the entire set though.

Nice work. That is a beautiful set and one of my all time favs too. No jealousy here. Smile
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.