`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And this is why I hate Heritage

RE: And this is why I hate Heritage
(03-05-2017, 04:53 PM)once78 Wrote: I was thinking of the card stock as well. I love the feel of old stock in my hands but what do you think they will do when they get to the more modern cards us that stock or stay with the ole school approach?
Personally, I think Heritage will come to an end before they get to the modern stock (1993 or was it 1994)?

I'm with you regarding the "feel" of the stock used in Heritage. I love it.

(03-06-2017, 11:50 AM)madamson Wrote: Personally, I think Heritage will come to an end before they get to the modern stock (1993 or was it 1994)?
I'm with you regarding the "feel" of the stock used in Heritage. I love it.
I figure Heritage will be around until they hit 1975 and then go back to 1952 designs and repeat again. By then, there will be a new group of players & a new group of collectors will not mind some vintage cards of the new players ... once again.

Agreed, the old thick card stock is so much better than the current modern 2017 thin-stock.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm with you all on loving the design and the stock, but my break was brutal ... and all I was expecting was a couple of nice base cards.

That league leaders was it though, and the only RC I got was the dual Alex Wimmers/James Beresford ... both were dropped from the Twins' 40-man immediately after the season.

Even a base Trout or Kershaw could've saved it. Guess I'll be going after Donruss now.
Kepler

I would go up to 1984 if I was them as that is the last iconic design everyone remembers other than 1987 which has been done to death the last couple of years with the inserts in flagship Topps. If they wanted to go to 1985 I wouldn't be upset as it's one of my favs also.

But yeah a long long time until we get close to either of those. lol

(03-10-2017, 06:37 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I would go up to 1984 if I was them as that is the last iconic design everyone remembers other than 1987 which has been done to death the last couple of years with the inserts in flagship Topps. If they wanted to go to 1985 I wouldn't be upset as it's one of my favs also.

But yeah a long long time until we get close to either of those. lol
I would be fine if they went up to 1980 then call it a day. But no matter what they will always go back 50 years so they could always keep going.

It's getting to the point where Topps Heritage and Archives are difficult to distinguish and inserts in regular Topps brands are blurred lines. They've already jumped the shark with 2001 Topps Chrome Through the Years Reprints.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Just opened a blaster, very blah break and product!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(03-12-2017, 07:08 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Just opened a blaster, very blah break and product!
Apparently Topps is trying to bring back the look and feel of miscuts!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

This year's set looks like my sig design.

I would have been happy with the Trout/Yaz card as I collect both players but I wouldn't have been too happy if that was the best card in the break. Those would've made a decent pack but not a box. Ouch.
(03-05-2017, 09:40 AM)pjrussell529 Wrote: There will be some really nice ones coming up in the next few years('69,'71'72) and a really bad one('70).
Hey! You're dissing my favorite set of all-time. I LOVE 1970 Topps. That was the year I started collecting and the first set I hand collated. There are more than 50 Hall of Famer cards in that set. I think it's iconic. That is the Heritage design I have been waiting for. Then all my years of collecting will have come full circle.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html