`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What level of membership to Beckett is needed?

What level of membership to Beckett is needed?
When I first signed up, had a few cards I wanted rated. Did the $89 for a month and 6 graded card deal.

Month is up now, and I no longer have access to the pricing guides or the trade/organize.

What level of service do people here have and why? I'm debating if I just go for the trade/organize which is $50 a year vs. the entire thing which is over $300.

Thanks for any feedback.

RE: What level of membership to Beckett is needed?
the best place to post this is football talk. To answer your question, if you purchase the price guide, the organize comes free. There are some coupons from time to time and I called when my subscription was up and got a 2 year deal for about 150-170 something (I forget exactly how much I paid).

If you get just the org, you don't have access to the price guide. If you get the price guide org is included. I personally purchase football and utilize baseball on a month to month basis depending on how I feel about trading baseball

(03-03-2017, 01:44 PM)longshot18 Wrote: When I first signed up, had a few cards I wanted rated. Did the $89 for a month and 6 graded card deal.

Month is up now, and I no longer have access to the pricing guides or the trade/organize.

What level of service do people here have and why? I'm debating if I just go for the trade/organize which is $50 a year vs. the entire thing which is over $300.

Thanks for any feedback.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I have Total Access, but never pay full price for the subscription. There is almost always some kind of promotion going on, and if you can't find one just call and ask. I like having the pricing for all items, as I collect all sports and also never know when I might run across a collection with non-sports items that I have no idea of value and can quickly look to get an idea. Also, I really like using the app for looking up pricing, as it seems to be working pretty good now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks for input. I called them got football and hoops for the year, they discounted from the $99 each sport. I think it will help with trades, but do wonder why their value is so much higher than real values sold on ebay. A lot of things seem to sell on ebay at anywhere from 25% to 75% of Beckett value, which makes me wonder how they come up with that value.

eBay is not the ONLY place people buy/sell cards. In fact a lot of people look at eBay as an outlet to quickly sell cards. There are other places online like COMC, Beckett Marketplace, SportLots and other places to buy/sell cards. Also, card shows and card shops are another great place to buy and sell. Thus eBay pricing is just one part of the equation that determines book value. The biggest problem with eBay pricing is that you have to take all sorts of stuff into consideration starting with fixed price sales vs auctions. For fixed price sales did the item sell quickly or take a while to sell, as that might tell if the card was priced about right or priced too low/high. For auctions, everything matters from end time, length of auction, seller feedback, shipping cost, starting bid, etc. Thus the reason the same card might sell for $10 and the same day also sell for $25, and the next day sell for only $1.
Heck, I buy certain cards off eBay all the time because I know I can sell them for significantly more either by relisting them differently or selling them locally. So you have to be careful when looking at eBay as a price guide (it is a good reference point, but just like Beckett is not the end all when it comes to value).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Don't forget shilling Smile
The
(03-04-2017, 11:12 AM)djohn Wrote: eBay is not the ONLY place people buy/sell cards. In fact a lot of people look at eBay as an outlet to quickly sell cards. There are other places online like COMC, Beckett Marketplace, SportLots and other places to buy/sell cards. Also, card shows and card shops are another great place to buy and sell. Thus eBay pricing is just one part of the equation that determines book value. The biggest problem with eBay pricing is that you have to take all sorts of stuff into consideration starting with fixed price sales vs auctions. For fixed price sales did the item sell quickly or take a while to sell, as that might tell if the card was priced about right or priced too low/high. For auctions, everything matters from end time, length of auction, seller feedback, shipping cost, starting bid, etc. Thus the reason the same card might sell for $10 and the same day also sell for $25, and the next day sell for only $1.
Heck, I buy certain cards off eBay all the time because I know I can sell them for significantly more either by relisting them differently or selling them locally. So you have to be careful when looking at eBay as a price guide (it is a good reference point, but just like Beckett is not the end all when it comes to value).
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.