`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1934-36 Diamond Stars help

1934-36 Diamond Stars help
I need some help on determining if I have an error card not listed anywhere.

From my understanding, in 1936, all card backs were printed with blue ink. These are cards #85-108 and the reprints of previous years. Now, I know this set has errors, but they are usually listed.

I have a 1936 Diamond Stars #87 Steve O'Neill that the back was printed with GREEN ink. Would this be considered a misprint, error, or just considered a regular card?

I tried to find info about this before without any luck and set it aside. But I ran across the card again the other day. This has bugged me for a while; not knowing about this. I'm very picky about my cards and collection.

I'm hoping somebody might have some insight on this.

RE: 1934-36 Diamond Stars help
Here's a picture to see what I'm talking about.

1936 Diamond Stars No. 87 Steve O'neil photo 100_5503.jpg

I'm not aware of any 1936's being printed in green, but I could be wrong. The guys over at net 54 may have a better answer. If memory serves Fritsch put out a reprint set in the 80's. It would have said reprint on the bottom about where the paper loss is. To check if it's a reprint put it under a black light. The spots of paper loss will likely flouresce.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

You are correct. It is a reprint. The guys at net54 determined it was by looking at the front of the card.

Hey I just picked one of these up. 1935 Diamond Stars (National Chicle) Al Lopez #28
Pics: Front Pics: Back

These aren't listed in Beckett? I saw the football ones...
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I can't see the your pics, but the set was issued over the course of three years.
What I expect you are looking for is this one...
1934-36 Diamond Stars 28 Al Lopez 35G
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1934-36/...5g-3559525

Scott

(01-05-2017, 06:30 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Hey I just picked one of these up. 1935 Diamond Stars (National Chicle) Al Lopez #28
Pics: Front Pics: Back

These aren't listed in Beckett? I saw the football ones...

Sweet! Thanks! So, you couldn't see the pics? As in, you clicked on the hyperlinks and they didn't show up as a Google Drive file? Should have open a new tab and a shared Drive file with the particular photo...
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I was at work and the firewall blocks a lot of stuff..pics, links, etc. Have not tried looking from home.

(01-08-2017, 04:41 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Sweet! Thanks! So, you couldn't see the pics? As in, you clicked on the hyperlinks and they didn't show up as a Google Drive file? Should have open a new tab and a shared Drive file with the particular photo...