`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1968 TOPPS BASEBALL ROOKIE CARD NOLAN RYAN REPRINT

1968 TOPPS BASEBALL ROOKIE CARD NOLAN RYAN REPRINT
Does anyone know anything about this card? I have one that is centered close to 65-35 and no other damage. I saw three online priced from $6.00 to $1850.00. It is not an authentic card. It is a re-print.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-TOPPS-BASEB...0620185555

Also, I can't find a way to enter it in the Beckett online program.

RE: 1968 TOPPS BASEBALL ROOKIE CARD NOLAN RYAN REPRINT
It sure looks to me like it says on the back, "REPRINT". No wonder you can't enter it in Beckett. I would not even look at it or buy it. Please put your money towards a real card.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

That is clearly a reprint but I don't know where it is from. There is no date or manufacturer's info on it. You could call their phone number since they list it in the description and ask them where it is from. It's stupid to put blue text on a blue background as it appears they have done in the description but if you highlight the text with your cursor, you can read it.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

No trademark on it so I would say its someone who does self reprints. It would be considered fake since they copied what looks like to be a topps card.

(02-16-2017, 03:18 AM)aileron Wrote: Also, I can't find a way to enter it in the Beckett online program.
It is very rare for a reprint to make it into a price-guide. As there would have to be some way of distinguishing the specific reprint from another. Even then the card would have to be reprinted by a major company and not just someone randomly.
Reprints were big in the late 80s and early 90s as there was a flood of new collectors buying cards, and people started making reprints as a more inexpensive way of owning a more expensive set or card. However the vast majority of those reprints are nearly worthless today. The biggest exception is a T-206 reprint set, that had all of the known T-206 cards in it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks to all that read and/or replied. I think I will give it to my Grandson.

Beckett does list reprint cards
2001 topps archives is full of them and another topps set as well I just can't think of it off the top of my head right now. There is one set that has the manufacture date 1975 hank Aaron no marks on the front but the back has the copyright date and the in ( topps reprint 2003) for example

But. Looking at this card I would agree with everyone else on this thread it is not a legit reprint. I will see what mine looks like that I pulled out of a pack and compare it too. Or you can check my Nolan Ryan PC thread
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Topps often reprints their old cards, especially the past few years. 1997 and 1998 Topps Stars Rookie Reprints. Topps Gallery Heritage from 1999 - 2005. 2001 - 2002 Topps Archives. 2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Threw Out, 2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps, both of those sets came with a parallel Original Back version. 2012 Topps Archives Reprints, 2016 Topps Berger's Best.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html