Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up Fake/Altered Hull Peerless Patches
Exclamation 
Heads up Fake/Altered Hull Peerless Patches
Just wanted to give a heads up on a faked/altered Brett Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches I came across on ebay. I am not trying to accuse the ebay seller of altering the card as the original image I have is from Aug 2014 and the card could have changed hands an unknown number of times since. I am also not here to debate my usage of the word "Fake" to describe the card. I Just wanted to make those in the hobby aware.

Fake Brett Hull Peerless Patches ebay listing

I first saw this card on ebay back in Aug 2014. At that time the card was put on my watched list. Not long after it sold, I saved a copy of the image and a copy of the completed listing. I do this from time to time to keep my own records on what Hull patches are out there and what they sold for.

A PDF copy I made of the Aug 2014 closed/sold listing can be seen HERE

Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches #22/25 Picture taken from the Aug 2014 ebay listing
[Image: 2011-12%20Dominion%20Peerless%20Patches%20%2322of25.jpg]

Altered/Faked Hull 2011-12 Dominion Peerless Patches #22/25
[Image: 2011-12%20Dominion%20Peerless%20Patches%...20Fake.jpg]

I have seen several posts lately on other sites questioning the authenticity of a patch and just want to put the info I have on this card out there.
Collecting Brett Hull
[Image: 2013-14%20Prime%20Colors%20Patch%201992%...esized.jpg]

RE: Heads up Fake/Altered Hull Peerless Patches
Thanks for the heads up. I thought I was the only one that saved images of cards.

the patch on the so called "fake" card looks almost like its been photo shopped,
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

The real patched card has a shadow of the frame on the patch as were the fake has none and the framing has a white line all around it so as stated it does look like a photoshop job.

Ouch.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.