Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Topps - Review and HELP NEEDED

2017 Topps - Review and HELP NEEDED
Good Morning Collectors!

Broke a box of 2017 Topps Jumbo last night. My thoughts:

- I like the full-color bleed photos.
- Pretty decent collation as I did finish a set (however, I should for opening a jumbo box, right?)
- A little bummed that you are getting one auto and two memorabilia cards per box...however one of the memorabilia cards is a manufactured one. (I did pull a Mike Trout /99, however.)

Overall, Topps is Topps. We have seen its ups and downs. I give it a 8/10.

Now for the help...

Card #274 is Matt Strahm of the KC Royals. If anyone has base or parallels to give up, I'd appreciate it and would send you back something well worth your while of your favorite team/player. I have a small connection to him and am beginning a PC on him.

Thanks in advance...and what's your thoughts on 2017 Topps?

Happy Collecting!

Mark

RE: 2017 Topps - Review and HELP NEEDED
Hey Mark I like the set a lot. Full bleed and no border gives the card a nice effect. I bought 5 jumbo boxes but have opened only 2 of them. Your right about the collation I got a set out of 1 box as well. I will check what I have today for your Strahm cards. If I have any I will PM you. I was a little disappointed with the selection of insert cards this year. Not really crazy about them like I have been in the past. What is your opinion about the silver packs. I know I went to a show yesterday and they were telling me that the packs are very hot right now. I have opened 4 of them and still have 6 more unopened. At least I got a Mike Trout out of one of the silver packs.

RE: 2017 Topps - Review and HELP NEEDED
(02-05-2017, 11:13 AM)corbin21 Wrote: Hey Mark I like the set a lot. Full bleed and no border gives the card a nice effect. I bought 5 jumbo boxes but have opened only 2 of them. Your right about the collation I got a set out of 1 box as well. I will check what I have today for your Strahm cards. If I have any I will PM you. I was a little disappointed with the selection of insert cards this year. Not really crazy about them like I have been in the past. What is your opinion about the silver packs. I know I went to a show yesterday and they were telling me that the packs are very hot right now. I have opened 4 of them and still have 6 more unopened. At least I got a Mike Trout out of one of the silver packs.
Thanks for checking on those for me! I agree, the inserts are blah at best...take for example the "5 Tool" cards...too busy for me. I wonder if those are supposed to be focused more on the youth collectors as they might look at them and say "WOW!" Me, I'm probably too old school. Smile. The silver packs are kinda cool. I pulled a Kershaw out of one and Bryant out of the other.