`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 SC Koufax confusion

2016 SC Koufax confusion
I just busted a box of 2016 stadium club that had 2 Sandy Koufax cards. One was the base black and white the other was a black and white as well but with orange lettering. Would the orange one be the black and white listed in the org at the higher price than the base black and white. I didn't see any options for orange as a color or lettering and there is no print run number. Thanks for any kind of guidance and help.

photo S. Koufax_zpsruuau1xa.jpg

RE: 2016 SC Koufax confusion
You are correct

The orange foil is the black and white parallel. Some of the retired players have black and white photos, which make it very confusing.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

Thanks guys !!!!

Clearly one is black and white, while the other is definitely black and white. I don't see why the confusion. Smile

So typical of Topps. They could easily have colorized one of them, right? Not like photoshop is some uber-expensive technique. Sheesh.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very nice pull! That is a rare Orange and White parallel. They are sp. If you have opg it is in there.
Congrats!

I didn't see it listed in my OPG as a sp and it had a value of $40.00 which I don't consider that rare or valuable of a price. But thanks for the praise.

Considering the regular card is 2.00 and the highest price of that parallel is 60. I would be fairly happy but thats just me. I got a Ted Williams black and white in that product.