`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Another Year Not to Care About the Super Bowl

RE: Another Year Not to Care About the Super Bowl
(01-19-2017, 11:37 AM)savagenate Wrote: I do remember a really bad call going in Packers favor that game, but can't remember which it was. I think you do have a point, big name, star QBs get leeway and flags that others don't. You fall near Brady, and they throw a roughing flag. Manning could talk his way into flags. Rodgers does seem to get help placing the ball faster than other QBs at times, leading to the 12 men on the field, and late/no whistle on offsides. But on the flipside, each team has been cost games by refs too. I don't think it's rigged. Money wise for the league, cowboys and Patriots would've been their dream matchup, so they messed that up lol. For the lions, they have the bad luck of playing in the same division as Favre and Rodgers for the last 15 years. Packers luck on QBs can't hold forever, and that's when the guard will change. Same with the other teams. That's my opinion anyways, for what it's worth lol.
Fair enough. It's just been frustrating to watch guys like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson have Hall of Fame careers and basically nothing to show for it ... I fear the same will be true for Matthew Stafford.

And it's one thing when another team is just better than you are.

But when you know in the back of your mind that the officials can and will make a call out of nowhere that can literally end your season, it's pretty bad.

The Lions lead the league - by far, it's not even close - in "Monday apologies."

As in, the NFL says "sorry, Lions, we blew that call" the Monday after the game.

It doesn't really help.

And I swear I'm not making this up, there are a least a half dozen, truly legit, blown calls at crucial points in the game in the last handful of years to make me believe they really don't have a chance.

I happen to like when the Steelers are in the big game.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

I do think that officials can lean towards the star QBs on some instances.

However, a full blown conspiracy to get certain teams deep in the playoffs is a load of crap.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

The other day watching the packers/cowboys game I noticed Rodgers is really good at seeing PI or Holding before the refs do and he throws the ball in their direction. Ive never noticed it before with other QBS but he did it like 3 times and looks like a genius doing it.
The lineman hold every play.. EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. Don't care what team etc.. how do you NOT? like everybody said.. its when and where to call it. That hold on Eric Fisher was crazy.. on a 2 point conversion no less. I wanted to see KC because I happen to like Alex Smith. I cant be mad at NE because of their consistency but if NE played in the NFC instead of the AFC they def wouldn't have 6 superbowl runs and 4 wins. That's just facts. They have the EASIEST path to the big game.I hope Pittsburgh wins, they have the ability to. Id rather see Atlanta or GB win this year tbh. Atlanta edging out my favoritism just a tad.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I'd like to see the packers of course, but I'd be able to cheer for the Falcons if they win, especially if it's against New England lol

(01-19-2017, 08:59 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I do think that officials can lean towards the star QBs on some instances.

However, a full blown conspiracy to get certain teams deep in the playoffs is a load of crap.
I agree that there is no all out conspiracy theory, it just seems officials look the other way when some teams commit obvious penalties, yet ticky tac penalties committed against them are called.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283