`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference Between Regular Toploaders and Lite Toploaders?

Difference Between Regular Toploaders and Lite Toploaders?
Hey guys, I tried looking this up on Google and the forum here, but I couldn't really find anything. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between regular Ultra Pro 3 x 4 toploaders and Ultra Pro 3 x 4 toploaders (lite). I need to purchase some toploaders and noticed that the toploaders (lite) were cheaper than the regular ones, but I wasn't sure if because they're (lite) I would be sacrificing quality. Any help on this would be awesome. Thanks!

RE: Difference Between Regular Toploaders and Lite Toploaders?
One taste great and the other is less filling! Sorry that was an old beer joke from Miller Lite for those of you who are far to young to remember.

Yes the difference is simply the thickness. I prefer the better toploader but that is just me. If you are going to leave the cards toploaded and set them away then the thinner loader might be for you. But if you handle the cards often the thinner loader may not work or hold up.

Also, some traders are very particular about how cards are shipped to them. A thinner loader may not hold up to the postal world and cause damage to the cards. There are other ways to protect a card whether shipped in a regular toploader or a thinner one.

Hope this helps,

Art

RE: Difference Between Regular Toploaders and Lite Toploaders?
Yeah, the regular ones are the way to go in my opinion. The others are too flimsy for me to feel comfortable storing/selling/trading.