`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Storage Questions

General Storage Questions
Hey guys, I'm new to collecting and just had some questions about storing my cards. Prepare for the barrage!

Are there any of those plastic two-piece boxes that will fit standard sleeved cards? I know that they fit cards without sleeves but I'd prefer all my cards be sleeved.

Are there any cardboard storage boxes that fit the standard sized top loaders?

If you have cards in an upright position, stored in a monster box for example, but don't have enough cards to complete the row and have to lean the front chunk of cards to keep the row from falling forward does this have any negative effects on the cards; such as bowing?

If you have cards stored in a binder in the standard 9-pocket sleeves but store the binder in a flat-lying position, does this have any negative effects on the cards? Should binders be stored upright like a book?

Also, this one is slightly off-topic but I've noticed that when I open cards from a pack, more often then not there seems to be at least one card that is always slightly bowed. And it's not just the chrome/prizm kind either, it's been more basic card types such as Sage HIT, Score, Leaf Draft and so on. Is there a particular way of storing these "bowed" cards that will maybe eventually reduce the bow to a less noticeable degree?

I think that's all the questions I have for now about this topic, but I'm sure I will have more. Thanks for reading and helping, I really appreciate it!

Cheers!

-Michael

RE: General Storage Questions
Welcome!

Some of the screw down cases might fit a sleeved card, but I never tried. Regular magnetic holders won't. Ultimate protection would be to get the cards slabbed or graded by a grading company like Beckett, but is way more expensive. Mag holders protect just fine if you get the right size.

I don't think i've seen specific boxes for regular cards.I've only bought the graded sized ones. They fit regular cards just fine.

I haven't noticed any bowing of my cards when storing them with some leaning forward. If you are worried about it, just fill it with paper or something you can pull out as you add Smile

I have most of my cards stored in binders, standing up. Again, never noticed any issues. I have had problems if I lay it flat, and the pages are off centered... I had cards bend that way because I didn't notice, and they sat for awhile.

Not sure how to fix the bowing. I have yet to find a solution lol.

Hope some of that helps! Lots of people know way more than me, and will hopefully hop on.

Hey savagenate, thanks for the great advice! I honestly had not even thought of throwing some paper into an unfinished row, you sir are a genius! Also, as far as the two-piece plastic cases fitting sleeved cards, what about the multi-card ones -- like those plastic two-piece boxes that hold 50 singles or 200 singles -- do you know if any of those fit sleeved cards?

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers!

Head to the local craft or sewing store and buy some thick foam. Cut those into pieces slightly bigger than the row of the box and they will keep them nice and secure! (BCW Supplies sells them too!)

All of my sets are in binders, standing up-right and no issues.

Happy Collecting!

Mark

(01-07-2017, 05:30 PM)madamson Wrote: Head to the local craft or sewing store and buy some thick foam. Cut those into pieces slightly bigger than the row of the box and they will keep them nice and secure! (BCW Supplies sells them too!)

All of my sets are in binders, standing up-right and no issues.
Excellent. Thank you for the tip!

(01-07-2017, 01:29 PM)MichaelSmith87 Wrote: Hey savagenate, thanks for the great advice! I honestly had not even thought of throwing some paper into an unfinished row, you sir are a genius! Also, as far as the two-piece plastic cases fitting sleeved cards, what about the multi-card ones -- like those plastic two-piece boxes that hold 50 singles or 200 singles -- do you know if any of those fit sleeved cards?

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers!
The issue with the sleeved cards is the width and height. The multi card magnetic cases only go deeper, so it won't fix your problem. I've seen people jam them in there, but you risk damage to the card when you do.