`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobby vs Retail

RE: Hobby vs Retail
(01-05-2017, 12:26 PM)eagleboy85 Wrote: I personally haven't really had any luck with retail boxes. It's all a game of chance anyways. My best advice is find a comfortable budget and base that off what cards you buy. With retail boxes there no waiting or shipping involved if you don't have a local card shop in your area. Just read the boxes well to know what your gonna get .
Yes, I forgot to mention ... you can usually find the possible hits on the side or back of the box in small print.

The reason I mention this is, for example, the Topps baseball blasters with guaranteed "manufactured" hits like the coin cards do not contain any autos (other than parallel versions of the coin cards.

So watch out for stuff like that.

(01-05-2017, 01:23 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: As long as you don't buy single packs, there is no way for the searchers to check the Blasters, Hanger Boxes, and other sealed products, which is what the other guy was referring to. I saw a 50+ guy standing there with a food scale, but so many packs have those 'plugs' in there now to discourage pack searching.
What is pack searching?

(01-06-2017, 10:29 AM)Semitar Wrote: What is pack searching?
Well, there are those who go to stores with single packs for sale and squeeze, feel, and even weigh the packs, hoping to find a thicker card inside that may be an auto or memorabilia card. It is not illegal but quite shameful in my opinion. The sealed boxes prevent this. along with hangar boxes and fat packs, which are sealed with more cards inside than a regular pack. Nearly all of these have cardboard pieces called 'plugs' that have the feel of a nicer card that can fool those that do pack searching.

(01-06-2017, 11:19 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Well, there are those who go to stores with single packs for sale and squeeze, feel, and even weigh the packs, hoping to find a thicker card inside that may be an auto or memorabilia card. It is not illegal but quite shameful in my opinion. The sealed boxes prevent this. along with hangar boxes and fat packs, which are sealed with more cards inside than a regular pack. Nearly all of these have cardboard pieces called 'plugs' that have the feel of a nicer card that can fool those that do pack searching.
That's just crazy! LOL. Wow.

Pack searching is something that true, true doosh bags do.

They live in their parents' basement and have never kissed a girl, then they ride their bikes to WalMart or Target and stand in the card aisle for an hour and a half.

And yes, they do damage the cards even though they don't open the packs, because they dig their dirty, Cheeto-encrusted finger nails into the sides of the packs.

I've tried explaining this to store security before, that's it's the same principle as taking a loaf of bread or a bag of chips and squeezing the crap out of it.

"But I didn't open it!" says said doosh bag.

So, the moral of this story is, don't be a doosh bag pack searcher.

I freely and openly insult them to their faces when I see them doing this.

The last guy said, "In 20 years I've never damaged a card."

I said, "Yes, you have, and by the way, 20 years is a long time to be a doosh bag!"

But, like I said, they are spineless, worthless weasels, so they just stand there and gladly accept my insults.

That's how little they think of themselves.

And, by the way, that piece of crap jersey card that they pull?

99 percent of the time it's a plain, white swatch, which they couldn't sell on eBay for a dollar.

But they paid $3 for the pack - proving my point about what complete and total doosh bag idiots they are.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Happy New Year!

RJ

Go on youtube and watch the videos they are funny as heck.

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]