Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Memories of pulling specific cards?

RE: Memories of pulling specific cards?
First story hit me right in the feels.

Second story, stopped by LCS on the way cause you had time to kill: hardcore (meant in a good way)
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(12-22-2016, 11:51 PM)flamethrower Wrote: First story hit me right in the feels.

Second story, stopped by LCS on the way cause you had time to kill: hardcore (meant in a good way)
I was trying to find a way to word it,without coming across as a total @ss. Ironically, my daughter took her first steps inside the same LCS, I'm really hoping she will get some enthusiasm towards collecting when she's older.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

My luck with packs is pretty bad so its hard for me to get too addicted. But in 2012, I found some dollar packs at the local flea market. They were '82 Donruss, so I had to try for a Ripken RC. I pulled one after 10 packs. It was nice looking - centered with razor sharp edges. Same table had a box of 89 Fleer for $10. I got a box for the heck of it and pulled a Ripken error. In '89, I would've thought I hit the jackpot. To find something cool like those packs at the flea market is very rare for me. When I go, its normally the same old tables with no baseball cards.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I have 3 stories that were memorable to me.

First: Stopped by the LCS back in 93-94 after church and my freind was buying SP basketball packs. Decided to try a couple and pulled a Jordan Holoview Die-Cut. Sold it to the shop owner for $300 and bought a nice 100W Fender Bass amp.

Second: Pulled a Shaq Topps Gold RC on my birthday at the LCS. (Booked like $110-$120 at the time) I traded it for $30 cash and a RC Team Pinnacle Piazza.

Third: Last year I decided to split a blaster of 2015 Topps Chrome w/my daughter. We took turns picking packs and she new she had a sweet pull when she got a Kris Bryant Gold Refractor Auto. Now her expectations are very high when we open stuff Big Grin. She decided she wanted to trade it to me so I will keep it tucked away in the PC until she decides she wants it back.

My best day opening packs or boxes was in 2009 when Topps Chrome was out. I went to my LCS and grabbed two boxes. In the first box i pulled some nice refractors and then an Ichiro Superfractor WBC! Then in the second box was a Yi Chaun Lin Superfractor WBC!! Also a printing plate of Chipper Jones! Needless to say those two Supers paid for a few more boxes and then some. [Image: Ichiro.jpg]

For Christmas in 1992 Santa brought me a box of 1993 Donruss (remember when cards were released around Christmas for the upcoming year) and I pulled an Elite Dennis Eckersley card, which I still have today. I have a home movie of me busting the packs and then yelling out ELITE! ELITE! and jumping up and down when I pulled it. I was so excited and I thought they were so easy to pull that we went to a card show about a week later and I spent all my Christmas money on 2 more Donruss boxes thinking I could pull another Elite card, but I didn't.
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

1st big pull was a 1991 Donruss Elite Jose Canseco. Was $200 at the time, which is huge when you're still a kid.

Best pull was this Eric Hosmer out of a $20 Walmart bargain discount box.
[Image: hosmeredemp_zpsgv4vm91t.jpg]
[Image: hosmerpsa_zps2g9rak4b.jpg]

Fortunately sold it a few days after getting it graded.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]