`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identify the box

Identify the box
I recently obtained inventory from a store that went out of business in the early 90s and cannot identify a box. It does not look like it's ever been opened. There's other fine print that says 36 packs. The fact that there's a price of 15 cents implies to me that they are older wax packs. The left-handed image of Brooks Robinson tells me it may be early 70's. Can someone help me to identify this box?

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Identify the box
It is 1974.

Congrats, if that's an unopened box it's a great thing to find.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-18-2016, 11:15 PM)djohn Wrote: Congrats, if that's an unopened box it's a great thing to find.
I am sure that I bought these very same cards way back then. And it is unopened. Thanks for helping.

Wow, what are you planning on doing with the box? That would be fun to open.

Very cool! If you open it, you should do a YouTube vintage break video so we can watch you chew all that stale gum. Smile
1974 was the year I quit collecting ... the first time. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I in no way claim to be an expert, but my quick image search shows this to be a 1976 box, not 1974.

Also, you might be best served to sell this as a box instead of opening it, there are places out there very interested in buying unopened wax. I know the guys from Dave & Adams might actually fly out to you if they are interested..

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Yeah, some sites have it as 1974, others at 1976. I have no hands on experience with either.

It is 1976. What an awesome find!
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html