`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Grace Rookie Card Help

RE: Mark Grace Rookie Card Help
Nintari dat9eline='1484747682' Wrote: Having been a huge collector during the late 80's and early 90's, I have tons of cards in plastic cases that are ungraded. As a matter of fact, I have the Grace RC in question. I haven't sent any of them in and probably never will because of the up front risks and not having a lot of money to take said risks.

I'd wager there's a few other people out there in their 30's who are in my situation with ungraded cards that may or may not be 9-10's.
i went the route of psa 10 on this one, i've sent 2 in for regrade to BGS and neither met the minimum grade of 9 from psa. i can say that was a few years ago, and graders within BGS i'm sure come and go, so maybe newer graders would be more forgiving on the 88 donruss product. but as a whole not many 88 donruss get very good grades. 131 out of over 10000 graded and only 237 more got 9. so only 3% got a 9 or better, no 10's in the set

RE: Mark Grace Rookie Card Help
(01-20-2017, 05:16 PM)lane2800 Wrote: i went the route of psa 10 on this one, i've sent 2 in for regrade to BGS and neither met the minimum grade of 9 from psa. i can say that was a few years ago, and graders within BGS i'm sure come and go, so maybe newer graders would be more forgiving on the 88 donruss product. but as a whole not many 88 donruss get very good grades. 131 out of over 10000 graded and only 237 more got 9. so only 3% got a 9 or better, no 10's in the set
I'm not a big fan of the rise of grading but it's hard to deny that it's been a great thing for the cards of that era. Without it, none of those cards would be worth anything more than a few dollars and that's a shame imo. There are a lot of HOF players (or players who's numbers warrant the HOF) from that era who had the misfortune of coming up during the most overproduced era in our hobby's history. It always pains me to see an ungraded, mint Ryne Sandburg or Tony Gwynn RC selling for $10.00/$12.00.