`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dekanich" Tell Me To Stop My Museum From Growing!

"Dekanich" Tell Me To Stop My Museum From Growing!
Today's new addition from the latest Classic Auctions is up and like I usually must do, if you like goaltending game worn jerseys and beyond into the equipment collecting aspect as well, don't forget to like Bruce C. Goaltending Museum on Facebook.

Born on May 10, 1986 in North Vancouver, British Columbia, this goaltender was a standout award-winning prospect in the Eastern College Athletic Conference at Colgate University before being drafted by the Nashville Predators 146th overall in 2006. His name, Mark Dekanich. After finishing his degree and thus his playing career with Colgate, he transitioned to the pros in 2008-09, appearing in 30 games for the Milwaukee Admirals, recording a 2.09GAA, and a 0.923% save average. The following season he continued his epic numbers with the Admirals, as well as an unreal 0.981% save average in two games in the ECHL. As the starter for the Admirals in 2010-11, he once again posted numbers just slightly above a 2.00GAA, and a 0.931% save average, but like all tales in the collection, the moment happened. On December 18, 2010 against the Los Angeles Kings, Mark Dekanich was put in net in relief of Anders Lindback who had given up three goals on only nine shots. Dekanich played the remainder of the game and he stopped 22 of 25 shots in the team's 6-1 defeat. He did not get to play in any additional games beyond that. He was signed the next year by Columbus, however, he was limited to only five games in the AHL the following season. He played one additional season in the AHL in 2012-13 after he was signed by the Winnipeg Jets. He then made the jump over to the KHL for two seasons before making his way back to North America. He played the majority of the 2015-16 season with South Carolina of the ECHL, where he was back to familiar form, recording a 0.925% save average, as well as a great 2.16GAA. He appeared in one AHL game with the Hershey Bears. For the 2016-17 season, he joined the Reading Royals of the ECHL. As his career continues, it is too soon to post career numbers as he may yet make another appearance in the big league.

The piece you are looking at today is a 2010-11 Third Set 1 Nashville Predators jersey worn by Mark Dekanich in his NHL debut game on December 18, 2010. The wear is light and consists of light black marks on the sleeves, light marks near the crest, and some post and paint transfer on the sleeves.

Acquired from: Classic Auctions featuring Meigray LOA

Dates of Game Use: December 18, 2010 v Los Angeles (22-25, 6-1L)

Photomatched: Yes

[Image: dekanich1_zpsvijdpru4.jpg]

[Image: dekanich2_zpsqjmhmlmg.jpg]

[Image: dekanich3_zps6u4ndddi.jpg]

[Image: dekanich4_zpsxln0qanq.jpg]

[Image: dekanich5_zps2kirkml5.jpg]

[Image: dekanich6_zpswduhcm1u.jpg]

[Image: dekanich7_zpsj9avutrd.jpg]