`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Attacks Occupation

Mars Attacks Occupation
I don't know if other members have bought this box through Kickstarter.

I backed up the project a while ago but the box stayed in my library collecting dust.
I decided to open it a few weeks ago and I thought it would interesting to share.

First of all, even If I ordered just a box, I received two extra "packs". Not packs litterally, more like groups of cards in clear bags. One was "heritage" themed, the other was Wacky package style.

The icing on the cake was a printing plate. Touching gift for just a box!!!

Now, let's speak about the set itself. We're in mature audience territory, clearly. The violence, blood and sexual content make it adult oriented. Even if the pulp style clearly comes from the original set, we're three steps ahead.

Nice range of inserts and parallels (even if nothing is serial numbered, sadly).
I even got a letter press insert (1:48) made with a 50's press and an ink made from a real martian rock (are you serious???).

Now let's present the hit:
[Image: mini_922159IMG0610.jpg]

As you can see, I was pretty lucky with a colored and detailed sketch card (even if the wacky package style is not my kind).

Conclusion:
A must have if you're a fan but they turned quickly into expensive bids on the bay as it is a limited print release.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85