`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tis the Season to Give...but Who to?

Tis the Season to Give...but Who to?
I have seen a few threads about how to sell but I am interested in giving away baseball card team bags worth $8-$12 each with 15-30 cards per bag separated by range of years from 1985 to 2013. Nearly every bag has a Hall of Famer included.
Anyway, local Ronald McDonald House does not accept opened cards due to possible germs and I do not know what other organizations have kids that would like them.
With over 150 team bags (avg 5 bags per team), shipping would also be a concern.

Anybody have a good idea to spread Christmas cheer?

RE: Tis the Season to Give...but Who to?
I hate to say this -- but ME if you can put up with the shipping. As you may have seen from my posts, I run a non-profit show 2x a year and we are ALWAYS in need for more cards/prizes as we give everyone cards when they make their suggested donations. If you can't find a local place -- think of our Adat show and we can provide a tax receipt to you as well

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(11-17-2016, 08:32 PM)richk Wrote: I hate to say this -- but ME if you can put up with the shipping. As you may have seen from my posts, I run a non-profit show 2x a year and we are ALWAYS in need for more cards/prizes as we give everyone cards when they make their suggested donations. If you can't find a local place -- think of our Adat show and we can provide a tax receipt to you as well

Rich
You actually crossed my mind but I assumed you were looking for unopened packs or singles...did not know that team bags would be desired for your purpose.
I will consider...thanks

Contact your local police dept or child protection unit, sometimes they are looking for goodies for kids.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(11-17-2016, 09:42 PM)tate31nym Wrote: Contact your local police dept or child protection unit, sometimes they are looking for goodies for kids.
Cool! I never thought of that.

I always just give big bulk lots to the local children's hospital, seems to go over really well too.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

I always hit up the local little league.

(11-17-2016, 08:36 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: You actually crossed my mind but I assumed you were looking for unopened packs or singles...did not know that team bags would be desired for your purpose.
I will consider...thanks
We take anything Smile We give cards with the suggested donation and we are always in need of cards to put into the goodie bags (which also include a surprise gift)

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(11-18-2016, 12:14 AM)phoenixrising34 Wrote: I always just give big bulk lots to the local children's hospital, seems to go over really well too.
Yeah, I thought opened items were an issue.
(11-18-2016, 12:29 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: I always hit up the local little league.
I did that when I was assistant coach over 15 years ago. It was a good idea then.

(11-18-2016, 09:19 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, I thought opened items were an issue.
I did that when I was assistant coach over 15 years ago. It was a good idea then.
Can't speak for the ones in your area obviously, but I've taken probably 20,000 cards to one here. They're always more than thrilled over it. They just break them up in little stacks and hand them out.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]