`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Beckett Forums In It's Final Days?

RE: Is Beckett Forums In It's Final Days?
For the better part of a year, the formus have been slower. There was a solid 10-12 traders that posted everyday! When I first became a full time member in 2011, there were posts and trade threads popping up on the hour. It went up and down for a bit. Then got hot again around 2014. It hit a wall again after that season and then really slowed considerably. Think it's a mix of a few things. Beckett's rep has taken a hit. They raised their prices and a lot of people who left were early adapters cause ORGs were free, which they changed a few years back. Another big reason is the arrival of new trading outlets. Other trade sites opened up, Facebook card groups have grown, so Beckett is no longer the only way to trade and share your cards. It's a shame. Like other members mentioned above, I'm also a "lurker" and check in on threads. Just seems new things are happening a lot slower. I'm a Beckett guy, I'm about to hit my 250th trade but it seems like it'll take a bit longer to get to that number due to lack of people.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

The forums have been very slow recently. I left for a couple of years, but have recently started coming back around. That being said, when you post a trade/buy/sell thread, it very rarely gets looked at or responded to.

So, it makes me not even want to post anything as far as those types of threads. I'll answer/post on others' threads every now and again. Plus, they charge to trade. I believe they're about the only site that charges to trade. So people just take their trades to net54, SCF and others.

Overall, this is a pretty dead site. I've tried to give it another chance by coming back, starting a few threads, putting stuff in my ORG and trying to make trades. But it's been pretty slow. Not sure how much longer I'll stay around. [/align]

There are most likely several reasons, but one nearly pushed me away for good..."inferred attitude".
When I first started reading forums I got the sense that a select few were running the show, and was ignored or sensed scolding when I tried to chime in on a topic.
Also, the trades were usually high-end products or autos/patches only, so smaller traders like me felt left out.
Well, after whining a bit I got over it and decided that my voice deserves to be heard as much as the next guy, so I put on my grown-up britches and stayed on.
Anyway, I collect sets and have seen a few others do the same so any type of collector can benefit from this site if they put in the effort and avoid getting mad about the petty stuff.