`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan Rookie 9.5 Advice

Michael Jordan Rookie 9.5 Advice
I just got my grade back on a Michael Jordan Rookie card '86 Fleer. It came back at 9.5. The subs were 10 for centering, 9.5 for corners and edges and 9 for surface.

I've owned this card for a couple decades and haven't paid any attention to sports card values in a long time. I'm not a collector and would like to sell this card. It seems like the market is good right now. So, how do I determine the approximate value before offering it for sale? I've looked at Ebay, but the prices for similar cards are all over the place. How are the subgrades weighted? And most importantly, what's the best way to maximize the value for this card on the market? Is it Ebay or is there some other auction or seller site that would be better?

RE: Michael Jordan Rookie 9.5 Advice
This is the 86-87 Fleer RC? The red border, not the sticker? And you got a BGS 9.5?? Wow, great job man. If it's the red border RC, you're looking at $8,000-10,000 man
Courtney Hawkins Supercollector
Always looking for ones we need!
58 cards needed for 1 of each unique card made! (Non 1/1's)

Thanks. Yeah, it's the real deal, not a sticker. How would you go about selling it to get the best price if you're not in a hurry? Is EBay the answer?

If you're not in a hurry, eBay is your best bet. You can get the right buyer to pay more than you think for that card.

(11-13-2016, 07:44 PM)ThornyHorn Wrote: Thanks. Yeah, it's the real deal, not a sticker. How would you go about selling it to get the best price if you're not in a hurry? Is EBay the answer?

(11-13-2016, 08:08 PM)wegotthattoo Wrote: If you're not in a hurry, eBay is your best bet. You can get the right buyer to pay more than you think for that card.
What's the most I could expect to get for it in your opinion?

I'd say put it up for $18K OBO and let it ride. Sub grades good. Did you clean the surface before sending it in? That's the only 9....may be worth a re-grade

(11-13-2016, 08:21 PM)ThornyHorn Wrote: What's the most I could expect to get for it in your opinion?

(11-14-2016, 01:02 AM)wegotthattoo Wrote: I'd say put it up for $18K OBO and let it ride. Sub grades good. Did you clean the surface before sending it in? That's the only 9....may be worth a re-grade
No, I did not clean the surface. I guess I should have done a little more homework before sending it to be graded. That gives me something to think about. And thanks for the price suggestion.

Cleaning the surface might land you with a 10 and 3 9.5's...maybe another 10? Huge price difference. Be careful you don't do more harm than good. GL with whatever path you decide to take man!

(11-14-2016, 10:29 AM)ThornyHorn Wrote: No, I did not clean the surface. I guess I should have done a little more homework before sending it to be graded. That gives me something to think about. And thanks for the price suggestion.