`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Question & Possible Issue

RE: Serious Question & Possible Issue
(10-24-2016, 06:10 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: The patch may be from the equipment guys shirt. The "event" in event worm was that guy doing the team's laundry lol.
Do they even say "Event-worn" anymore on cards? Most of the ones simply state, "The enclosed player-worn material is guaranteed by Panini" on the back. Doesn't even state that it was the player depicted on the card, let alone a NFL player. Maybe Panini simply has one of the guys in their office put on a bunch of jerseys. While I don't think that's what's happening, the stupid over generalized statement is pretty much worthless as it stands.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-25-2016, 09:27 AM)djohn Wrote: Do they even say "Event-worn" anymore on cards? Most of the ones simply state, "The enclosed player-worn material is guaranteed by Panini" on the back. Doesn't even state that it was the player depicted on the card, let alone a NFL player.
Some practice guy scrub wearing a bunch of 88 jerseys with a last name of ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PLrgnqJ4Sqk/Td.../xcqgn.jpg

This topic is always a good excuse to share the link to the photo of Mark Ingram from the 2011 Rookie Premiere event. This gives a good idea of where "event worn" with rounded patches comes from.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lte1z2C5Unw/maxresdefault.jpg

It's also a good reason to share the link to the photo of Tim Tebow from the 2010 Rookie Premiere wearing the Florida jersey covered in mascot logo patches.

I don't see why things would have changed. The Rookie Premiere event is a lot of players moving station to station and doing things like throwing on a jersey or series of jerseys to give the companies "event worn" items or sitting and signing rolls of stickers as quickly as they can.

(10-24-2016, 08:21 PM)woogie23 Wrote: That's hilarious!

My son is a huge Eagles fan, I just decided to start putting together an auto set for him, but now I might as well wait till the market cools off. Or I just get lucky.
Hi woogie23 I have a sandberg auto #18/50 its 2015 topps tier 1 also I have a Rizzo refractor rainbow those are non autos if your interested lmk we can work out a fair price. Thanks

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

I'd love to bite on this, but really concentrating on selling right now, have to hold off on buying anything, but thanks.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]