`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to the Cubbies Fans

RE: Congrats to the Cubbies Fans
This is a great year for baseball period!

I'm a Yankees fan. I do like the Cubs and Indians both this year. I'm not sure who I want to win the title but I won't be disappointed regardless.

Chicago obviously has the drought and heartbreaking moments in the past. If they win, the drought is finished and Theo will be a legend, forever! Not to mention the young players and their legacies.

For Cleveland, a title would continue the city's championship aura started by the Cavs. They have their own history and heartbreaks to debunk. A ring in Cleveland would give Tito a reservation in Cooperstown.

In contrast, the Cubs seem ready to contend for the next decade. However, Cleveland seems more like their window of opportunity is small.

All in all, 2016 is the best baseball season in a long time. I'm not a Cubs or Indians fan but I thank both teams for a great post season and the upcoming series. Game on!!
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(10-24-2016, 03:31 PM)glassnickels Wrote: My grandpa used to babysit me and we watched the Cubs every day. He'd make popcorn in the frying pan and let me have Twinkies whenever I wanted lol. My parents were still hippies at the time so we didn't even have a TV much less cable to get WGN, so my grandpa gave me his old TV and paid for cable for me just so I could watch the Cubs when I wasn't at his house. He now has dementia and doesn't watch baseball much. But he gets flashes of remembering the Cubs. He lives with my parents and my dad has been putting the Cubs on for him. He still refuses to believe they could be good. His favorite line was always "I wouldn't go across the street to see those clowns." As he turned the game on. He's been in hospice care since March and wasn't supposed to last this long. I truly believe he's subconsciously holding on to see them win it. I inherited all of his Cubs stuff when he moved in with my folks (there was a LOT) and I've been wearing his favorite old hat to every home game I went to (around 60 so far). It was at every home playoff game so far and I fully expect it to work for the World Series too.
I'm rambling I know. I'm just saying. This is our year.
Go Cubs!
I truly hope that the Cubs get their long sought-after title and that your Grandpa holds on for the outcome of this very possible event, while having enough moments of clarity to fully enjoy & understand what he is getting a chance to witness for the first time in his lifetime.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-24-2016, 03:31 PM)glassnickels Wrote: My grandpa used to babysit me and we watched the Cubs every day. He'd make popcorn in the frying pan and let me have Twinkies whenever I wanted lol. My parents were still hippies at the time so we didn't even have a TV much less cable to get WGN, so my grandpa gave me his old TV and paid for cable for me just so I could watch the Cubs when I wasn't at his house. He now has dementia and doesn't watch baseball much. But he gets flashes of remembering the Cubs. He lives with my parents and my dad has been putting the Cubs on for him. He still refuses to believe they could be good. His favorite line was always "I wouldn't go across the street to see those clowns." As he turned the game on. He's been in hospice care since March and wasn't supposed to last this long. I truly believe he's subconsciously holding on to see them win it. I inherited all of his Cubs stuff when he moved in with my folks (there was a LOT) and I've been wearing his favorite old hat to every home game I went to (around 60 so far). It was at every home playoff game so far and I fully expect it to work for the World Series too.

I'm rambling I know. I'm just saying. This is our year.

Go Cubs!
Very nice story to read. Not a Cubs fan at all, but I don't root against them (nor the Indians). Best of luck to everyone in the series. Hopefully, there are a lot of memorable moments and the series goes to the seventh game with the score a one run difference in the bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases full, 3-2 count to the batter. Here's the wind up, and the pitch...........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-25-2016, 11:54 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice story to read. Not a Cubs fan at all, but I don't root against them (nor the Indians). Best of luck to everyone in the series. Hopefully, there are a lot of memorable moments and the series goes to the seventh game with the score a one run difference in the bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases full, 3-2 count to the batter. Here's the wind up, and the pitch...........
Okay, Phillies_Nostradamus ... You almost predicted it exactly ... almost! Pretty much about as close as possible.
Good job, Joe. Now give us the powerball numbers for this week and use your skills for everyone's benefit. Smile

Congrats again, Cub's fans. What a great, exciting, nail-biting game ... With a rain delay and an extra inning thrown in for effect. Exhausting, but fun. I loved Anthony Rizzo's comments to David Ross in the dugout and his reaction to Ben Zobrists game tying double. The Indians and Cubs were so evenly matched ... Nobody 'derserves' to win, but both teams were rightfully there and deserving of the chance. The Best World Series ... (That the Yankees weren't in) Smile ... In a long while.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.