`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite card?

RE: What is your favorite card?
I don't know could it be my favorite pre-war, my favorite vintage, my favorite auto, my favorite game used, my favorite game used auto, my favorite rookie, my favorite insert, my favorite player or my favorite base?

I guess I have too many favorites.

I guess this whole thread here is my favorite

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1462621.html
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(10-18-2016, 04:13 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I don't know could it be my favorite pre-war, my favorite vintage, my favorite auto, my favorite game used, my favorite game used auto, my favorite rookie, my favorite insert, my favorite player or my favorite base?

I guess I have too many favorites.

I guess this whole thread here is my favorite

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1462621.html
I have the same problem.........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Picking a favorite card is comparable to choosing a favorite child. You just can't do it. You can pick out suberb qualities of an individual child that might be superior to the other siblings, but you love'em all the same.
So, no disrespect to my other cards, since I love you all, but 10 cards listed below are special for certain reasons.
1) My 1958 Yankees team card. Beat to hell, but it is only card I own that belonged to my dear, departed father (when he was in High School)
2) my 1967 Topps Series 5 packs that were bought for me by my grandfather as a bribe to get my hair cut by his smelly, cigar smoking barber.
3) my 1968 Topps Super Stars Mantle, Mays, Killebrew. The first Mantle card I ever ripped from a wax pack ... It was an exciting moment.
4) my 1969 Topps Munson rookie cards. Pack pulled one of my favorite current players at that time
5) my 1984 Mattingly RC. This got me back into cardboard and lasted until the 90s card glut.
6) my 2011 Heritage Brooks Robinson auto /62 red ink. This was my reintroduction to the hobby and had me ... Hook, line and sinker.
[Image: BF475633-97DF-4CF9-9CD3-71D68D2C1BBC-130...26b2fe.jpg]
7) all of my various (# 7 ) Mantle vintage cards ... Need I explain? Smile
8) my 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures Yogi Berra (#8)
9) my 2012 SP Pride of a Nation Ford/Rizzuto auto /10
[Image: 6A8DED3F-561B-4E5E-B623-D4FDFE313C38-130...860569.jpg]
10) my Topps 2012 Willie Mays coin/auto /30 ... I just love Willie, ok?!

Obviously Sentimental Value usually wins out over Beckett Card Value. Smile
Photobucket is acting a bit 'wonky' right now, otherwise I'd post some more pics.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

my favorite card is a 2004 Topps opening day base card of Nomar Garciaparra. While not worth much in bv, this card is so special to me because it was the card that turned me into a collector and a Nomar fan. For some reason that 2004 opening day design was flawless in my eyes and that card of Nomar is a gem
[Image: Ppgoq.jpg]

Jeff Samardzija Supercollector!

Autos: 64
1/1s: 106
total unique cards: 958

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

We'll go with this one today. The favorite player of my youth, along with my favorite current player? On the same card? Yes please. Smile

[Image: mattpujolspj_zps66eebf96.jpg]

[Image: mattpujolsmatt_zps004bb079.jpg]
Mattingly Collection.2503 different

I'm looking for Mattingly,Pujols,All Current
& Great Yankees,& HOFers in all Sports.
[Image: e1a26f5e-c283-43da-a60f-eb714950ec46_zpsa04dbf07.jpg]

My favorite card is the one that got me into this hobby. Derek Jeter Topps 2007 #40. It was the first card out of my very first pack. I remember thinking that something was odd with the Mantle/Bush pictures that were on the card. I have since researched and sent it off to be graded. No matter what happens that card will always be special to me.

My favorite card I own is my Jordan rc...it has a great story behind it. As for my favorite baseball card it would have to be between my 2010 Pujols ginter auto or my 2006 Ginter Ozzie auto
[Image: JordanFleerRCBGS6.jpg]
[Image: AlbertPujolsBGS95Auto.jpg]
[Image: OzzieSmithautoBGS9.jpg]

I think my all time favourite card was the first card I every spent some real money on. I was collecting awhile and got sick of spending money on boxes, so i saved up and bought a really nice '61 Topps Billy Williams card for just over a $100 at the time. My guess it would grade a PSA 9 today. Too bad I lost the card in the separation and eventual divorce of my ex-wife. It started my entry into vintage cards of HOF players. Before the divorce I had rookies of about 65 HOF players which are all gone now, but the '61 Williams will always be a cool card for me.
http://cardboardcollecting.ca/

"There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" - Pierre Trudeau

Trading and Buying 1952 Bowman baseball, contact me if you have some to trade/sell.

(10-22-2016, 07:55 AM)scottbdoug Wrote: Too bad I lost the card in the separation and eventual divorce of my ex-wife. It started my entry into vintage cards of HOF players. Before the divorce I had rookies of about 65 HOF players which are all gone now, but the '61 Williams will always be a cool card for me.
Did she burn them or take them?! Either way, not nice!

I don't have a photo of it but my 1971 topps Hank Aaron. its got a large crease down the middle (how I got it in the early 90s) - my mom and I frequented estates sales, and storage auctions back in the late 80s/early 90s and parents had an electronics repair booth at a local flea market for years so my mom and I would buy up some stuff to resell there and I was always offering up cash to folks for boxes of toys and cards which was my hustle at the flea market. one of the nicer boxes we ever found of cards (minus a megaload of a huge GPK collection) was a bunch of nice cards from the 60s-70s they were her find. she gave me the hank aaron - still my favorite to this day. '71 was such a good year
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors