Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Matthew
Hey folks,

Just letting you know that pretty much the entire east coast of Florida (and after ... most of the SE USA) is about to be hit with a hurricane, so if you don't hear from fellow members/trading partners/eBay sellers, etc. ... don't panic. Afterwards, If power is restored quickly, everything should be back to normal in 2-3 days.

It's a good excuse to be 'disconnected' for a few days and finish up some of those left over summer beers. Happy collecting, everyone.

Hopefully, after this is over, I'll have some good mail-news to share! Smile

Good luck to anyone in the 'cone of death' and hope Hurricane Matthew is uneventful!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Hurricane Matthew
Best of luck to everyone. You will all be in our prayers.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

good luck over there!! my brother lives there as well as an aunt so im following up on matthew! their in plantation.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

How to keep those cards dry and safe??!!

(10-06-2016, 03:45 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: How to keep those cards dry and safe??!!
Dry & safe??? We use them (1990 Fleer/Topps/Donruss) to absorb excess water! Smile Smile
(10-06-2016, 03:17 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: good luck over there!! my brother lives there as well as an aunt so im following up on matthew! their in plantation.
That's pretty close to me. I'm in Hollywood, about 6-7 miles south of Plantation.
We're looking better now than things were looking about 12 hours ago. Seems like it's going to make landfall about 20-30 miles further north. We'll have really bad weather, but not 130-145 mph winds to exacerbate things.

(10-06-2016, 11:35 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Best of luck to everyone. You will all be in our prayers.........
Appreciated, Joe!
Likewise to everyone that got hit, and anyone about to get hit!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm on the other coast of Florida and we are just starting to get some wind and rain. They've canceled school for tomorrow, so now I get to stay home with my kids. Hopefully I won't lose power and it will give me a chance to add some more cards to ORG.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-06-2016, 11:32 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's a good excuse to be 'disconnected' for a few days and finish up some of those left over summer beers. Happy collecting, everyone.
Wait...left over beer what's that???

In seriousness though good luck to all in this area. Godspeed.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!