`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this card look tampered with?

Does this card look tampered with?
I picked up this gem mint Ryan Sandberg off ebay. I feel like it might be tampered with and trimmed. Look at the seam on the top of the card sleeve inside the holder. It should be a straight seam but this seam looks strange like its a series of dots instead of straight line. Also, look at the seam on the right side of the card sleeve. It looks odd, too. Am I being paranoid? The seller had a perfect rating but I noticed he had lots of psa 10s and most were in the old holders that are easy to crack into. I noticed on a few of his bgs gem mint cards they have the same funky seam on top as on my Sandberg.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Does this card look tampered with?
(09-28-2016, 01:44 PM)user_6pcap Wrote: I picked up this gem mint Ryan Sandberg off ebay. I feel like it might be tampered with and trimmed. Look at the seam on the top of the card sleeve inside the holder. It should be a straight seam but this seam looks strange like its a series of dots instead of straight line. Also, look at the seam on the right side of the card sleeve. It looks odd, too. Am I being paranoid? The seller had a perfect rating but I noticed he had lots of psa 10s and most were in the old holders that are easy to crack into. I noticed on a few of his bgs gem mint cards they have the same funky seam on top as on my Sandberg.
Seems to me I've seen those markings before, especially on Beckett cards. To me the marks look like some kind of press wheel, or may some kind of wheel when do the sealing. Guess what I'm saying is I don't want to come right out and say it's been tampered with, but I'd sure as heck get it looked at by experts to decide whether it is or isn't.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Does this card look tampered with?
I think those "seems" on the mylar sleeve are normal.

However, if you maximize the picture, look at the left edge. It almost looks wavy where the bottom left edge (to the left of sandbergs face) is smaller in width than the upper left edge. If you have a scroll on your mouse, scroll up and down starring at the left edge, it will look like the edge goes in and pushes out. Looks wavy and uneven to me which can be (not always) a sign of being trimmed. I also know that BGS will grade sheet cut cards where psa won't, or at least they will put "sheet cut" on the label.