`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must haves for PC

Must haves for PC
I was going through my PC last night and I'm curious as to what everyone's "MUST HAVES" are. Personally, I want all their prospects, RC's, auto'd RC's, relic RC's if they have one, and anything #'d. After that, I still look for anything relic, or auto'd or #'d, or base but those are more just padding for the PC. Also my kids and I go to a lot of MiLB games due to where we live and we like getting prospect cards signed in person. Met Willy Adames(Montgomery Biscuits/Rays) this season and he was happy to sign and seems like a good kid. We also have a ton of stuff signed by Tim Anderson(White Sox/Barons).

RE: Must haves for PC
I am a simple collector, meaning auto's and patches do nothing for me, but a rookie card of guys that I think will do well in the majors is a must have. Also, any Vikings cards that are not base will also be on my list.

A Tiger's card I don't own a copy of, be it a base card from 2007 or an auto/patch relic with 24kt gold lettering.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(09-16-2016, 09:49 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: A Tiger's card I don't own a copy of, be it a base card from 2007 or an auto/patch relic with 24kt gold lettering.
+1 for me and my Phillies collection.

I'm really not into auto's / relic's / patches (not that they aren't nice to have) as I'd rather have 50 different cards than one low numbered "hit" for my PC stuff

Isn't it the one who has the most at the end wins? LOL......jk
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(09-16-2016, 11:34 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1 for me and my Phillies collection.

I'm really not into auto's / relic's / patches (not that they aren't nice to have) as I'd rather have 50 different cards than one low numbered "hit" for my PC stuff

Isn't it the one who has the most at the end wins? LOL......jk
ANYTHING GRIFFEY JR FOR ME....

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

Anything Red Sox, especially Nomar, Xander, & Mookie(Pedroia & Papi too). As long as I have 1 auto of each I'm happy. I also look for colored chrome parallels of players I like with their team color. Red or blue for the Sox but any player is good with the right color.

I also have many players I do minor PCs(base cards & 1 auto) with just because they are/were fun to watch.

I am the strangest collector out there and I think most here would agree with that statement.
For my collection must haves
1. any card before WWII does not matter the condition or the player
2. As many HOF and star rookies I can get from different sets but no duplicates
3. as many autographs you can get of every player whom ever played the game in minors or majors
4. at least 1 game used card of every player in minor or major
5. as many game used and auto cards
6. at least 1 white whale of your favorite player 1/1 ( I have a few of my favorites like Sandy K., Smoltz,
7. for me every nolan ryan I can get my grubby hands on I have over 100 1987 donruss, 1991 topps, 2002 topps traded, 1990 donruss
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Appreciate everyone's feedback! I always like to see what others are collecting. I also have a bunch of minor league autos which are cool.

For me it's every card of every player I collect, whether base or high end, licensed or not. If I don't have it then I want it. My goal is to get as many different cards of each player that I collect that I can find.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Tigers, Tigers and more TigersSmile