`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must haves for PC

RE: Must haves for PC
Twins, Twins and more Twins (props to mgruber2)...

Also Vintage, Vintage and more Vintage - commons, stars, I don't care. I LOVE VINTAGE!

Any Tim Wakefield that exists, I have started a HOF rookie collection, I also have most rookies from my "ultimate team", each position with right and left handed SP and a closer. Lastly as a very small attempt to stay current I try to pick up an auto from all top 30 Red Sox prospects as listed on their website.
I also agree with waynetangler, pre-wwII condition is meaningless. I like my vintage to look like there is a story, some history in my piece of history.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

Every Red Sox card I don't have! OK, since that won't ever happen, just every Red Sox base card then....

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

Yankees, Vintage and a few non Yankees (Killebrew, Aaron, Mays etc.) that I watched when I was younger.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Cool idea for a thread!

To keep myself sane and financially solvent, I've placed odd rules on myself:

For my Gattis PC:
- only RCs or prospect cards
- only on-card autos
- only topps chrome refractors

For my Kershaw, Koufax and Nolan Ryan PC:
- all base, inserts
- only on-card autos (this costs me when I actually buy them, but it's worth it Smile )

All my other PC items are wild cards, basically: old Hollywood stuff, non-sports oddities, historical cards; this means that I usually don't know I "need" it until I see it. So I guess I'm still figuring that out, but for my player PCs, that helps keep me a little focused!

I am a much different type of collector. I pick a product based on appearance and attempt to complete a base set and possibly a parallel or insert set. For my Twins collection I like $1 or more cards based on the look again. I don't care about auto's or patches, but do prefer chrome, platinum or silver finishes.

I would not give up anything that completes a set even to acquire a favorite player.