`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Very Mouschi Contest

RE: A Very Mouschi Contest
(09-17-2016, 11:32 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: You know, it is funny you mentioned this. I just now read this for some reason, but I actually did a custom for him as a surprise months before he passed away.
Awesome! Very nice! I'm sure he treasured it greatly.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Rather than start a new thread on the winners, I figured I'd just update this here and slow-roll it until each one is made. I'll update the original post as well, to show the winners.

My wife had a hand in selecting who should be selected, and why. It was VERY difficult to not pick some vs. others, because frankly, I'd like to see a custom done for almost ALL of the requests, but alas, these take a boat load of time.

Up first: The user @stone193.
He was an easy person to select. Why? Because he was nominated over and over again on one of the forums I frequent.

I reached out to Mike first, to see if he even wanted a custom card, and he said absolutely. He shared an idea with me: A 1963 Fleer Mickey Mantle. The '63 Fleer set is iconic, and has a cult following in spite of several BIG name hall of famers not making it into the set. The 1963 Fleer set consists of 66 cards, and ... you guessed it. Mantle was not one of them!

Well, now he is.

So, Mike. Here you go! Your custom '63 Fleer Mantle. It is on its way!

[Image: mantle.jpg]

The next one coming up soon.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Alright, here is the next one!

The winner: George_Calfas! He too was nominated by several members, in addition to entering. It is great to know someone who has such an amazing collection is interested in a custom piece.

And this one is cool.

What is the coolest combo for a custom card that has to do with tv? You guessed it:

1978 Topps & THE A TEAM!

[Image: ateam.jpg]

Enjoy!

The next winner will be shown soon, stay tuned!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

This next card is something that I was on the fence about, and my wife said it must be included. So, here it is. The Big Cat! And I'm not talking about Andres Galarraga, either! I'm talking about 15 pounds of feline fury. I introduce to you: ECHO.

[Image: echo.jpg]

Echo is Glen87's pet beloved by his entire family - especially his daughter. An interesting point on this is that both Echo and Glen's daughter were characters in a fairly well known novel "Three Can Keep a Secret".

[Image: 3CanKeepASecret_post.jpg]

If you follow me on Youtube, you know that I've been posting a lot of my maildays there. Receiving some cat fur and a claw left me dying laughing, because I wasn't expecting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_mDCr0I9E

[Image: furclaw.jpg]

So, here is the finished product! Dual Relic Famous Feline Collection with Foil!

[Image: cat.jpg]

Ok, that cat card is great. One of your most unique customs to date.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks @djohn!
-----------------------
It is a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! Not one, but TWO winners announced today. While the first was Glen, the 2nd is a Canseco collector. I'll give you a hint. His name starts with a T and ends with an anner.

You guessed it! I won (yay!) I tweeted this out to Topps a while back:

[Image: twitter.jpg]

And I just heard crickets :/

Well, fast forward to today: NOTHING. It is national 40-40 day, and Topps still hasn't done anything. Urgh! I decided to do something about that, and create my own Topps NOW card.

[Image: 4040.jpg]

In this Sunday-Special edition of The Mouschi Contest: Winners, we have a digital-only exclusive. The winner: TKRAFT24.

He had initially requested an eyebrow / moustache swap of this fellow:

[Image: sammy1.jpg]

This is for you, Tkraft24 - enjoy!

[Image: sammy2.jpg]

Here they are side-by-side:

[Image: sammy3.jpg]

It really is amazing how hard it is to tell which one should be the real version!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here is a summary of the highlight of my weekend, as expressed in a Topps NOW card:

[Image: dinner.jpg]

Anyhoo...RandyB is the next winner! He wanted a card done of his step-father. So, here you go Randy! It is a mini style card in a frame. I hope you and he enjoy it.

[Image: billy.jpg]

--------------

Next winner coming soon ....

That is an awesome custom mini card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I made a post about this already that goes more in depth, but for consistency's sake, here it is:

The next winner is Phillies_Joe. He was nominated by several folks, and had me do a custom of his family. In addition to that, he sent me an autographed baseball of Aaron Nola and some money to do a booklet. Here is the final result!

[Image: cheesman4.jpg]

I liked it so much, I made something similar out of a game used baseball I had for my own collection:

[Image: canseco2.jpg]

-----------------------
Next winner coming soon ....
Oh, and thanks @DrMitchJ !