`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Vintage lot Picked up this week!!!!!

RE: Latest Vintage lot Picked up this week!!!!!
(09-01-2016, 07:04 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Great pickup, Alfredo! Amazing for $25 ... That's almost the cost of a retail blaster, but vintage cards? Awesome!!!!

Those rounded edges look uniformly round, almost intentionally so. Do you know if these were cut? Are there Venezuelan cards cut with rounded edges?
I really have no clue if these were intentionally cut or not. The guy I bought them from knew nothing about cards and just said they were from his uncle, but thats it no story to go along with them lol. The venezuelans shouldnt have rounded edges either, the difference is just the stock used on them and some (not in all cases) say printed in USA while others say printed by Benco, this makes it even harder to identify them which is why I didnt notice at first until I found some not printed in USA and all I did was compare them to the others which said they were, finding them printed on the same stock. But without having one to compare too I wouldnt have even noticed they were venezuelans.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Someone enjoyed them before you, and I can tell you like them. That's why we do this: for fun.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(09-02-2016, 11:58 AM)jonathani Wrote: Someone enjoyed them before you, and I can tell you like them. That's why we do this: for fun.
Yep they sure did but i dont mind it at all!! theyll be with me now until who knows when!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

By the way........ After getting these would it be wise to go after the complete set??? I mean after having mantle, clemente and t williams it crosses off 3 pretty big names doesnt it???

(09-03-2016, 12:30 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: By the way........ After getting these would it be wise to go after the complete set??? I mean after having mantle, clemente and t williams it crosses off 3 pretty big names doesnt it???
Wise? Maybe I'd say it would be 'very cool' to do the set, but wise is debatable Smile I'm sure there are other expense cards in the high numbers of that set. But yeah, knocking out Mantle, Clemente & Williams is a pretty good start. Mays, Aaron, Berra, Gibson, Koufax, etc. etc. ... Plenty others to put a sizable dent in your savings account.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Great cards!! I just love vintage no matter the grade. Congrats on the great find
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Great pickup indeed. Congrats and love those cards!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.