`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jordan 1996-97 Upper Deck Ball Park GOLD

Michael Jordan 1996-97 Upper Deck Ball Park GOLD
Little question for those that I have followed on the forum site for some time. My apologies first as I have never posted a response or question before, but I have appreciated the insight and many posts all of you have shared to date....

my question is whether or not you have scene or know anything about the redemption version of the 1996-97 Upper Deck Ball Park GOLD foil Michael Jordan cards?

I know there were random cards put in marked packages of Ball Park hot dogs back in 1996, but I've heard the GOLD foil version was only available via a redemption of some sort from Upper Deck.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: Michael Jordan 1996-97 Upper Deck Ball Park GOLD
As per the gold set, it's a gold bordered version of the base set from the same year. The gold set was available by sending in four UPC's from Ball Park hot dogs. There are 5 Michael Jordan cards in the set each numbered "x/5" on the back. This is not a serial number, but simply the card number (since there were 5 cards in the set). Below is a picture of card number 1 in the set. What else would you like to know about them?

[Image: front.jpg]
[Image: back.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thank you for your image and response. That is what I was wanting to know. Do you happen to know how rare or scarce the gold version is since it was available only through a redemption process?

(08-30-2016, 02:50 PM)jppierzina Wrote: Thank you for your image and response. That is what I was wanting to know. Do you happen to know how rare or scarce the gold version is since it was available only through a redemption process?
I have no idea about the production quantity, but it's not an expensive card to get, so I can't imagine that it's all that rare.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I guess more people bought a certain brand of hot dog back then instead of a certain brand of cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.