`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Season Complete Sets worth?

Topps Season Complete Sets worth?
Hi so I'm pretty new to collecting but I have the complete season base set boxes from 1995-2010 or so. My question is can I take the cards out of the sealed boxes or is it really more valuable to keep them sealed up?

I wanted to open them and put them in binders with protective sleeves which to me is more fun than the boxes just lying around. Also I doubt I would sell them anyway down the road.

So is it a big deal if I open them from their sealed boxes and organize them in binders?

RE: Topps Season Complete Sets worth?
They would be more valuable if they were sealed, but if you plan to keep them, go ahead and do what is more fun to you. They are yours after all. With them in binders you can easily view every card and if that is more enjoyable, go for it! And that's why this is a hobby. If you're not trying to make money off cards, collect for the fun of collecting.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(08-20-2016, 12:37 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: They would be more valuable if they were sealed, but if you plan to keep them, go ahead and do what is more fun to you. They are yours after all. With them in binders you can easily view every card and if that is more enjoyable, go for it! And that's why this is a hobby. If you're not trying to make money off cards, collect for the fun of collecting.
That's what I figured haha thanks I think I'm definitely gonna do what's more fun for me. Don't think I'm the type of person who would ever sell anyway.

If they are factory sets there may be some bonus cards in there, that might make it worth opening them. If you have a 2013 Topps factory set with the Orange parallel bonus pack in it, let me know if you get a Jedd Gyorko in it as it's one of his few cards that I don't already have.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-20-2016, 09:07 PM)djohn Wrote: If they are factory sets there may be some bonus cards in there, that might make it worth opening them.
+5000. The bonus cards (not the manufactured relics), esp. if a lucky auto is hit, are well worth opening the boxes.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do (if keeping.....open them up and enjoy them)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I pick up a factory set every year and I opened every one of them. I collect cards and want to look at them and read them and sort them and enjoy them. If you're not a collector and simply an investor then leave the boxes sealed and don't enjoy them but know that they may be worth more in the future.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

"Open them," I think is the consensus. Enjoy them!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Or you can buy 2 - open one and keep one sealed. Everybody wins
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.