Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling on eBay - Team Lots
08-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Selling on eBay - Team Lots
I probably have two full storage boxes to sell. They are currently sorted by team. Does anyone know if selling by team lot is successful on eBay? It's mostly RC and inserts and is from 2006-2016. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: Selling on eBay - Team Lots
Depends on how you price them. I'd look at similar lots that have sold. Make sure you get your shipping figured out when selling bulk though. I have shorted myself in the past on shipping.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]
08-16-2016, 03:05 PM
(08-16-2016 02:55 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote:  Depends on how you price them. I'd look at similar lots that have sold. Make sure you get your shipping figured out when selling bulk though. I have shorted myself in the past on shipping.

The shipping is definitely what concerns me the most. Thanks for the reply!
08-16-2016, 04:00 PM
If the lots aren't too big you can fit them in bubble mailers and the shipping isn't too bad. However if the shipping costs get too high, it will detract some people from bidding/buying them. Also, be sure to get shipping figured out for multiple lots, as there may be some people who want to buy a bunch from you. I definitely recommend figuring everything out about shipping before listing the cards, as you don't want to overcharge or undercharge. That being said, team lots of newer cards definitely sell on eBay so long as there are pictures showing the cards (nothing turns people away like not having pictures, or bad pictures that don't clearly show what is in the lot).

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards. Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 323/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
08-17-2016, 04:24 PM
(08-16-2016 04:00 PM)djohn Wrote:  If the lots aren't too big you can fit them in bubble mailers and the shipping isn't too bad. However if the shipping costs get too high, it will detract some people from bidding/buying them. Also, be sure to get shipping figured out for multiple lots, as there may be some people who want to buy a bunch from you. I definitely recommend figuring everything out about shipping before listing the cards, as you don't want to overcharge or undercharge. That being said, team lots of newer cards definitely sell on eBay so long as there are pictures showing the cards (nothing turns people away like not having pictures, or bad pictures that don't clearly show what is in the lot).

Thanks DJohn for the info. GO GATORS!
08-19-2016, 06:26 AM
I have been selling 500+ card team lots on Ebay for between $12-$15 with Free Priority Shipping depending on team. Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Yankees were the $15 teams and teams like the Mariners, Rockies, Padres, Twins were $12 teams. I had stars, semistars, and commons included. I also scanned as many of the better stars in the lot so the buyer has a good idea of what's included. Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope shipping is $5.90 if using Ebay shipping. I didn't make a killing but I am happy someone found a use for them since I am done collecting and haven't bought anything in over a year. I make a little extra cash AND I reclaim much needed space in my apartment. Still have a few thousand cards to move but the pile keeps getting smaller and smaller. Hope this helps.
08-24-2016, 04:32 PM
(08-19-2016 06:26 AM)phillies816 Wrote:  I have been selling 500+ card team lots on Ebay for between $12-$15 with Free Priority Shipping depending on team. Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Yankees were the $15 teams and teams like the Mariners, Rockies, Padres, Twins were $12 teams. I had stars, semistars, and commons included. I also scanned as many of the better stars in the lot so the buyer has a good idea of what's included. Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope shipping is $5.90 if using Ebay shipping. I didn't make a killing but I am happy someone found a use for them since I am done collecting and haven't bought anything in over a year. I make a little extra cash AND I reclaim much needed space in my apartment. Still have a few thousand cards to move but the pile keeps getting smaller and smaller. Hope this helps.

That does help also...Thanks!
08-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Yea, I've shorted myself too. In fact, I just sold a 125 count lot of Topps Chrome this week. I charged $4 for shipping, and it was probably $5. I only sold the lot for a few bucks, so didn't make anything off it. So make sure you leave enough on the bone for shipping.

Also, as others have said, just look around and see what others are selling for. That doesn't mean it will sell. I checked on 5k lots of Texas Rangers cards. Put my lots at like half of that and still haven't been able to move them. So just be patient.