Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need help understanding Beckett price guide

Need help understanding Beckett price guide
I haven't collected since the mid 90's, started up again
Bought a Beckett and some values are blank for the price.
The name is listed but like 2-3 players in a row it's blank
Then values for the next guys are listed. So what is the actual value
Or do I have a misprint copy? It's like this for the new
2016 football prestige and score series. Some have prices
Some do not. Can someone please explain. I attached a photo to see.

RE: Need help understanding Beckett price guide

1. It's likely Beckett hasn't collected enough market data on them yet, though you can get a rough idea of what will be listed by comparing this to another set and see how the prices are different. For example if in Set A rookie 1 is $50 and rookie 2 is $40 and you see in your example rookie 2 is $30, I would guess rookie 1 would be in the $40 range.

2. One of the rules on the forums is not posting pricing as it takes away from one of Beckett's core business offerings. You should probably remove the attachment.

Typically it can take Beckett a few issues before it has all the prices for new products. This is especially the case for SP (short print) cards. Beckett will list the players it hasn't priced with no price listed so that people don't just assume that they fall into the unlisted prices (common, semistar, unlisted star, etc).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-11-2016, 08:17 AM)djohn Wrote: Typically it can take Beckett a few issues before it has all the prices for new products. This is especially the case for SP (short print) cards. Beckett will list the players it hasn't priced with no price listed so that people don't just assume that they fall into the unlisted prices (common, semistar, unlisted star, etc).
Awesome, thanks a lot!

Hope you are not looking for Carolina Panthers- Cam Newtons cards, I checked my recent Beckett and Beckett doesn't have many listed since his Rookie year 2011. same with Luke Kuechly Rookie Cards 2012

How many Division Playoffs does a team have to Win to get some cards listed

(08-29-2016, 10:11 PM)gosports1 Wrote: Hope you are not looking for Carolina Panthers- Cam Newtons cards, I checked my recent Beckett and Beckett doesn't have many listed since his Rookie year 2011. same with Luke Kuechly Rookie Cards 2012

How many Division Playoffs does a team have to Win to get some cards listed
Well, they did just start as a franchise in 1995. Maybe they want to make sure it doesn't fold before listing them Smile

(08-11-2016, 07:05 AM)jplarson Wrote: It's likely Beckett hasn't collected enough market data on them yet...
Market data? Beckett? Their prices come out too quickly and are too uniform to use any sort of reliable market data.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.