`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1998 UD Choice question

1998 UD Choice question
Does anyone know if there was a Shopko set for UD Choice in 1998? I got a large number of base cards for really cheap of Packers stuff, and there is one card I can't find in the OPG, and thought I would see if anyone knew about it. It's EXACTLY like the normal base card of Robert Brooks with him riding the bike for a preseason practice, but instead of a normal number, it has GB11 as it's number. I can't find anything about it, and I know that the Packers had shopko sets in 1997 for Choice, so I was thinking that might be it.

Thanks

RE: 1998 UD Choice question
Honestly I don't know if this helps because I'm going off of memory but I know I used to have a couple team packs of Packer cards and I'm almost positive they were 1998. Definitely Choice. I couldn't tell you if they were from Shopko but the wrapper was entirely clear (and thin). Although there's no way I could remember the numbering on the back these were definitely team sets that came from a non-hobby place. If for some reason I haven't given them away they'll still be in those wrappers and I'll shoot you a picture (but don't hold your breath!).
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

(08-05-2016, 09:30 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Does anyone know if there was a Shopko set for UD Choice in 1998? I got a large number of base cards for really cheap of Packers stuff, and there is one card I can't find in the OPG, and thought I would see if anyone knew about it. It's EXACTLY like the normal base card of Robert Brooks with him riding the bike for a preseason practice, but instead of a normal number, it has GB11 as it's number. I can't find anything about it, and I know that the Packers had shopko sets in 1997 for Choice, so I was thinking that might be it.

Thanks
I have a Beckett Football Card Price Guide 26th Ed 2009-10
Page 327
1998 Packers Upper Deck Shopko
'This 90 card set produced by Upper Deck for Shopko, a retailer with stores in the Wisconsin area, was distributed in 10 card packs.The cards feature a partial yellow border and gold foil highlights on the cardfronts. The card numbering includes a GB prefix on the first 55 cards and the set includes the following subsets,
Leaders of the Pack (P1-P15) and Tundra Titans (T1-T20)
A Title Defense parallel set was also produced and randomly inserted in packs (1:4 packs ratio). The small black and white photo, they could be Collector's Choice design.

There was a Series II, they look more like a 1997 Upper Deck design. Also 90 cards, 50 base, 51-65 Game Dated, Pack Comeback 66-90 and a Ray Nitschke tribute card.

(08-05-2016, 10:40 PM)ginge01 Wrote: I have a Beckett Football Card Price Guide 26th Ed 2009-10
Page 327
'This 90 card set produced by Upper Deck for Shopko, a retailer with stores in the Wisconsin area, was distributed in 10 card packs.The cards feature a partial yellow border and gold foil highlights on the cardfronts. The card numbering includes a GB prefix on the first 55 cards and the set includes the following subsets,
Leaders of the Pack (P1-P15) and Tundra Titans (T1-T20)
A Title Defense parallel set was also produced and randomly inserted in packs (1:4 packs ratio). The small black and white photo, they could be Collector's Choice design.

There was a Series II, they look more like a 1997 Upper Deck design. Also 90 cards, 50 base, 51-65 Game Dated, Pack Comeback 66-90 and a Ray Nitschke tribute card.
Yeah, i saw those, which is why I asked. This is a UD Choice and not a regular Upper Deck (I have a few of the shopko Upper Deck cards from 98). Kinda odd.

footbal just let me know if you ever find that. I'm trying to figure out how to list it in my database.

Not sure if it's a "Shopko" set but definitely a retail team set. I would just list it as 1998 Packers UD Choice

[Image: 700019D3-A9FD-4ABB-A489-057170A982F9_zpsm9tjvnaa.jpg]

[Image: 69AAACDC-8B43-47EB-B200-54B0C96E1ECE_zpstprxxr1y.jpg]

[Image: B7F5D118-E11F-46A9-9F24-02888E320ED6_zpsacw6mv9u.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(08-06-2016, 08:49 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Yeah, i saw those, which is why I asked. This is a UD Choice and not a regular Upper Deck (I have a few of the shopko Upper Deck cards from 98). Kinda odd.

footbal just let me know if you ever find that. I'm trying to figure out how to list it in my database.
Oops, misread your question.

So yeah, 1998 Packers UD Choice as uwash97 said.

It's strange how Beckett lists
1998 Packers Police

but not
1998 Packers UD Choice when I go through the printed guide.

You could add it, or maybe uwash97 could to
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-569169.html
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

I want to know now if other teams had those blister sets, I want the Jets one!!!.

Thanks guys, that helps. I have my own personal list I keep, and whether they are in beckett or not is moot to me, but it is nice to know what exactly it is so I can put it in the database correctly.