`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which do you prefer? Nice vintage or cut auto?

Which do you prefer? Nice vintage or cut auto?
For the deceased players without regular autos but plenty of vintage options, which do you prefer?

May sound like a silly question but personally some cut autos look like garbage.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Which do you prefer? Nice vintage or cut auto?
I think I'd like a cut auto if:

1. auto isn't cut from a check or something else with a lot of writing/graphics around it and
2. design is vintage looking

Otherwise give me a nicely centered vintage card from their rookie year or last year with all their career stats compiled on the back.

(08-03-2016, 06:09 PM)jplarson Wrote: I think I'd like a cut auto if:

1. auto isn't cut from a check or something else with a lot of writing/graphics around it and
2. design is vintage looking

Otherwise give me a nicely centered vintage card from their rookie year or last year with all their career stats compiled on the back.
This. If the auto is from an index card and isn't cut off by the window, I'm into it.

The worst had to be when Leaf started using those Walter Payton phone cards for cut autos because all they did was butcher a bunch of existing cards.
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Depends on the player. If the player signed a TON of stuff that's easily available then I would probably go for the vintage card. However if the player is a notoriously difficult signature to find, then I would take the cut autograph. There are definitely exceptions to that, as I would rather have a Babe Ruth cut autograph than a vintage card of his.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Nice vintage for me. By a mile.