[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

RE: 3D printing with customs
(07-21-2016, 03:49 PM)jplarson Wrote: I haven't, tell me more!
No personal experience (yet), but here's a video to get you started in the right direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX78zZzspH0

RE: 3D printing with customs
(07-29-2016, 11:30 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: No personal experience (yet), but here's a video to get you started in the right direction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX78zZzspH0
Thanks! Watched the video and looks pretty solid. They did mention that it doesn't do a great job with cotton, cotton blends, leather, and nylon. It may not be a big deal since I'll be trying to hide the edges anyways. I'm keeping this on my short list of tools.

In other news, following some of the advice here I added a 1% bleed to my design which dramatically helped me out with my outer border. I'm still not flawless with my cuts so I got a little white showing but not terrible.

I also went with a window that was smaller than my 3d printed opening. I think I can do better here by adding maybe another 5-6 pixels on all sides to narrow it further. I adhered my replica letter piece to a paper backer and wrapped around some excess fabric on the top which helped make the top nice and clean. My cuts for the sides did well and my only regret is that the bottom I didn't also wrap around excess material. However a slightly thicker inner window border would cover that up a bit more.

This was another test run, I didn't adhere the picture or the letter to the 3d printer material so that I could test fitment and verify I could cut up a name plate without butchering it. My next step is to actually cut up my "repli-thentic" Urlacher jersey to harvest the "A" and "H" to go along with the Olsen "L", "S", "O", and "N". Urlacher also has an "L" I can experiment with.

Thanks for the props and suggestions! If anyone else has some tips and tricks I'm all ears.